Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to take the plunge into the minefield of broadband, again.

Options
  • 02-04-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Well not not that is too say my girlfriend. It's been a long time since I've looked at what's available out there and any of the places I know about getting information from seem to be out of date.

I'd be greatfull of any help I could get from people here. First of all the options. Her home phone line can't take a broadband signal as she's out in the sticks. She lives out near Summerhill in Meath. As far as I know Digiweb might be an option. Then there are the mobile providers. She wouldn't be a heavy user so loads of bandwidth isn't really needed. Just a service that works that isn't too expensive.

Options? Opinions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Digiweb Metro is usually good AFAIK.

If there's no 3G coverage (not likely depending on how "in the sticks" she is) then mobile broadband would not be much better than dial-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If it's available Digiweb would probably be a safer option whan a small wireless operator, but I think your girlfriend should check with neighbours to see what kind of service they receive from the relevant providers.

Advertisement