Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kaboom!!the arrival of newbie!!

• 02-04-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭

helo guys!:D

from my experience of friends around me...they are not much a fan of coffee,so i guess the coffee forum on boards will be quiet...please welcome your new blood!!;)

love coffee(any coffee related you can name) ,made them few times when i was a part time job in a coffee shop.while telling you guys i am from asia!the wonderful multi ethics country between thailand and singapore:D i am proudly to inform that we 'normally' have better coffee/tea over there!starbucks is definitely better over there:cool: sadly i have heard ages that real coffee is in europe but i havent tried any decent coffee shop in city:(

and i am too wish to get my own coffee machine,moving out myself soon:)any advice?i have seen some nice user friendly machine on some magazines before....(i see the sticky thread,but it seems too expert for a beginner like me)

feel free to feed this newbie up while i will dig deep in this forum,i am willing to learn more here!

edit:
    while i am really looking forward to make my own Espresso too...where can i find the best espresso in dublin?!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

seraphimvc wrote: »
    and i am too wish to get my own coffee machine,moving out myself soon:)any advice?i have seen some nice user friendly machine on some magazines before....(i see the sticky thread,but it seems too expert for a beginner like me)

Get an Italian stove top coffee pot. link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

aye, pick up a wee 3 cup moka, i see it as being a generous double :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome along seraphimvc.

The stove top pot is a great starter, it's one of the first coffee making items I purchased. What sort of a budget have you set aside for your investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

as a matter of interest are people more fond of coffee from moka pots or from machines? I have a moka pot myself but i was flirting with the idea of gtting a machine. I do like the authenticity of cooking it up on the stove though.

I prefer my Gaggia by a country mile. Barely ever use the pot now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I prefer my Gaggia by a country mile. Barely ever use the pot now tbh.

Likewise, haven't used the moka pots since I bought the Gaggia a few years
    back. They're still in the back of a cupboard in the kitchen as part of the
    horde of legacy coffee items. There's nothing wrong with the coffee from
    them and I'd have no problem recommending either a moka pot or the
    Aeropress to anyone on a budget looking for a decent shot of java.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

as a poverty stricken student i find that the moka really delivers a good coffee for a decent price. while i'd love to shell out for a machine and grinder, i don't have the money. so my mokas do the job.

It must be one of the best value-for-money items that you can buy in coffee making.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

moka pots are also good for lazy people like me, I wouldnt have time in the morning for waiting for a machine to heat up so I spent a good bit on a grinder which I use for a french press and its also quite good. The other advantage is the lack of cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ooo,thanks for reply:)i was busy reading through all the posts in this forum!!great stuffs!

now i just realise that the coffee machine in the restaurant i work must be really expensive....

is that mean if i wanna get a set of those proper machine,grinder + maker + bottom plate at least go up to above 500+???holy jaybus!!!!is there any price range for poor student?i am willing to spend up to 300 tho my ps3 plan will be long-term delayed...:(must a big joke to tell gamers coffee machines cost more than ps3 :Dand of course the very famous gaggia ,yes,the new baby classic caught my eyes when i read that on a magazine!

moka pot?lol look so cute and old school!you can still see them in some old traditional corner coffee shop back my country you know??:)fancy stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

It's an expensive addiction. Sadly there's no cheap route to good espresso, seraphimvc... you could buy a bunch of equipment for 300 Euro but you probably wouldn't be happy with the results and might well feel you'd wasted your money. I personally was horrified to discover I'd have to spend as much on the grinder as on the espresso machine.

Moka pots are cheap though... get yourself one, put your 300 Euro somewhere safe, and save up until you've added enough to it to be able to afford a decent espresso rig. It's worth doing it right.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

rockbeer wrote: »
    It's an expensive addiction. Sadly there's no cheap route to good espresso, seraphimvc... you could buy a bunch of equipment for 300 Euro but you probably wouldn't be happy with the results and might well feel you'd wasted your money. I personally was horrified to discover I'd have to spend as much on the grinder as on the espresso machine.

Moka pots are cheap though... get yourself one, put your 300 Euro somewhere safe, and save up until you've added enough to it to be able to afford a decent espresso rig. It's worth doing it right.

Good luck.
    hmm :) that sort out my mind!looks like i will have my shop buy in coffee for a long time!

think us boardsie should come out for some coffee sometimes!

Advertisement