Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 VW Golf TSI 140 bhp

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

anybody got 1 ?????????????

are they fast ????

petrol versions i mean

thinking of ordering 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pete6296

Have one for a year.
    Super Car
    Super Fast
    Give it 3 months for it to deliver so be quick with VRT coming in July
    Fatloss08 wrote: »

are they fast ????

petrol versions i mean

thinking of ordering 1

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

are they fast ????

petrol versions i mean

thinking of ordering 1

Got one last February and am very happy happy with it. Its the 140 bhp one and very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

pete6296 wrote: »
    Have one for a year.
    Super Car

Super cars are super fast not 1.4 golfs-would it beat a red D red I passat? dont think so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

are they fast ????

petrol versions i mean

thinking of ordering 1

They are nowhere as good as the 2l Golf gti, they do not have a linear acceleration but they are an interesting concept.

Our Japanese friends have been turbo charging small capacity engines for years and I think VAG motors have a lot to learn from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

it's a 1.4..what do you expect and its one of the best 1.4s on the road. I hear they are a great lttle machine. You cant compare it with the 2L lump.

Horses for courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭geezer1234

I got one of these a few weeks ago. It was a toss up between this car and a three year old GTI. In the end I went for the GT because it is almost as fast as the GTI and much cheaper on tax and insurance. I find there is plenty of power, especially at low rpm where you need it. Its also quite economical if you don't sink the wellie - I regularly get 40+ mpg on the motorway. I know I've only had it a few weeks but I'm not regretting my decision yet !

Advertisement