Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many calories

• 03-04-2008 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I know this is boring but anyone want to help settle an argument regarding calories in this total approx?

Large boiled egg
    2 slices ww brown bread
    144g strawberries
    2 crackerbreads
    1 slice low fat ham
    grilled tomato
    bit of lettuce/onion
    100g low fat yoghurt
    92g grapes
    1 flour tortilla
    breast fillet chicken
    some carrot/green pepper/red pepper/lettuce onion
    tbsp salsa
    fajita mix
    Orange

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What is the actual argument? say it was 1000kcal for the particular portion sizes you had, one person could guess 1300kcal, and the other 700kcal, as they are only guessing what brands and portion sizes you are using. Only a 30% difference either way, but almost double the difference, and neither person is "wrong".

To do it right you need a scales and the information on your packets. If there is no info on the pack get the closest equivalent product you can find that does have it. e.g. if you get proper ham in the butcher do not go getting info from heavily watered down reformed ham, which is low in protein and high in fat, try and get a decent brand of "real" ham with info on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Skiddley

It's what my sister is eating in a whole day. Going with all the info on the packets its working out to me at about 818 calories. She thinks its double it!

Advertisement