Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will it be til you meet your other half? How often will you get it?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

What will the age gap be?

Where will you meet your other half?

What will annoy you most about the man in your life?

Just for all the singletons out there to make sure we dont feel left out :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You know when you play pool, and you're not very good at it, sometimes you just thump the white ball around the table in the vague hope you'll hit something? It's called a 'shot to nothing'. You're not ruining the game or anything, you're just having your shot, but it's a pointless enough shot.

This is a thread to nothing.

Unless the OP would like to edit it to include some realistically answerable questions, or make a direct point?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

You know when you play pool, and you're not very good at it, sometimes you just thump the white ball around the table in the vague hope you'll hit something? It's called a 'shot to nothing'. You're not ruining the game or anything, you're just having your shot, but it's a pointless enough shot.

there's other ways to play pool? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Unless the OP would like to edit it to include some realistically answerable questions, or make a direct point?

Lol what a response. Far better than just the usual lock. Kudos.
    there's other ways to play pool? :confused:

*hangs and shakes head*

pool is reserved for pubs. and pubs are reserved for alcohol. actually aiming for something is waaaay out of the question....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

For some reason I find I play brilliant after two pints. I swear it must straighten my usually wonky aim. Once I hit the third pint though it's back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

SarahSassy wrote: »

left out of what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

:D Good shot.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    For some reason I find I play brilliant after two pints. I swear it must straighten my usually wonky aim. Once I hit the third pint though it's back to normal.

similar actually, but i cant usually be arsed with pool enough to warrant getting in before other people, so i just zone in when there's nobody else there, and im in a good enough mood to enjoy just about anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SarahSassy wrote: »
    What will the age gap be?

Where will you meet your other half?

What will annoy you most about the man in your life?

I applaud you! A lot of the LL threads are
    Where did you meet your other half
    What does your OH do that annoys you
    How many times do you have it?

Let the single people have fun for a change :D

Sarah my number is 087xxxxxxx:rolleyes::rolleyes:

then start a thread regarding a ladies issue, or potential conversation topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

All a bit harsh on the OP to be fair.

Ah come on now lads.....you don't honestly think this is a serious topic???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Her questions may be impossible to answer but she makes a very valid point!

Since starting a thread pointing out (in good humour) the amount of threads in here concerning people in relationships, there have been a couple of comments passed about how we should just accept it and make more single threads.

Now that somebody has attempted it, she gets slated?!

In every other forum there is some sort of monitoring in place to weed out repetitive threads and one's that are slightly of topic.

What annoys you the most about the man in your life?
    What's great about the OH?
    Undies for men
    Wacky Backy
    How often do you get it?
    Honey, what did you do today?
    Cut or uncut
    Where did you meet your other half

Yawn.. The list goes on..

I've no problem with the threads as such, some of the ladies posts are hilarious but come on!!! Don't slate a poster for trying to point it out. Considering I've had moderator in here lock a thread for asking a question that was mentioned in another thread at the time, I think she has every right to take issue with the repetitiveness of nearly all the threads in here.

By all means tell us about your relationships, many of the stories are very sweet and enjoyable to read, but maybe we should consider a name change for the Ladies Lounge, it is looking more like a relationship forum afterall.

Welcome to "the Couples Lounge"... opps...erm "the Ladies Lounge" :D

*now lets wait for the accusations and the sarcasm suggesting that we are miserable, single people trying to begrudge people of happiness

Well I'm single and I'd dump this thread in with all the other relationship threads as all its all about when will you meet your other half, blah blah - I just got out of a long term relationship and just want to be single for a while and not think about anything to do with relationships. Why not start some threads on being single and just enjoying that? go out have fun, if you end up in a relationship great, if not, who cares.
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    Cut or uncut

I started that thread and I'm single and the cut guy I was with was a one night stand so I wouldn't count it as part of the relationship threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

i think people are being too harsh on the OP too. if people reply to it and want to talk about the issue why remove it? so what if its not a serious issue?!
    also all the threads in TLL are not the same!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I believe the OP is making the point that there is a number of threads being started here which just take for granted that everyone (or most people anyway) is in a relationship - in particular "Where did you meet your other half?" and "How often do you get it?" (although the latter doesn't specify whether "it" is with your "other half" or not).
    I find them boring a lot of the time and I'm in a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

ztoical wrote: »
    Well I'm single and I'd dump this thread in with all the other relationship threads as all its all about when will you meet your other half, blah blah - I just got out of a long term relationship and just want to be single for a while and not think about anything to do with relationships. Why not start some threads on being single and just enjoying that? go out have fun, if you end up in a relationship great, if not, who cares.

Bang on! That's why I started the single thread!! I said the exat same thing as you did in there! :)

[WoW] wrote: »
    i think people are being too harsh on the OP too.
    also all the threads in TLL are not the same!:mad:

They are!

And

They are! (most of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Age gap will be 3 years, meet in Tescos, will wreck my head when he walks all over the carpet I've just cleaned with muddy boots.

I've just seen a thread urging girls to post what's brilliant about their boyfriend (I hate those abbreviations like "OH" and "SO") as a change of tack from all the "man-bashing" round here. You could also argue it's yet another in the long line of "blabbing about boyfriends" threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Dudess wrote: »
    You could also argue it's yet another in the long line of "blabbing about boyfriends" threads.

*yawns*

yeah but... just what else is there to talk about??????????:D

Yes it is getting repetitive and boring, and I suspect those with the most interesting answers are least likely to post anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Guys, this place was set up for women to talk about issues that they are interested in. Now if you have something with a point to it talk away, but this thread is pointless. If you want to see other topics discussed, start a thread. There is a singles thread and there are threads of people who are not single, there are threads about contraceptives and threads about menstral cups. We are not bias to couple threads. So i will say quit whining and start some other topics if you want to.

And any further basing of this forum on here and bans will be given and threads will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I'll meet him in Superquinn. We'll probably average six times a week and I'll get really annoyed with him buying me expensive gifts all the time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Karen33 wrote: »
    I'll meet him in Superquinn.

That says more than anything else tbh :D

Jules wrote: »
    Guys this place was set up for women to talk about issue that they are interested in whatever. Now if you have something with a point to it talk away what ever but this thread is pointless. If you want to see other topics discussed, start a thread. The is a singles thread and there are threads of people who are not single, there are threads about contraceptives and threads about menstral cups. We are not bias to couple threads. So i will say quit whining and start some other topics!n And any further basing of this forum on here and bans will be given and threads will be locked.
    Jules, I understand what you're saying. But I think the message SarahSassy and others are trying to get across is: "We're not all in a loved-up relationship, please stop assuming/acting as if everyone is." It's not bitterness or jealousy, rather it's, I suspect, mild irritation at this notion that having a boyfriend is as inevitable and natural for all the girls here as having ears is.

I understand that Dudess, but if the op wants to talk about the wonders of singledom crack on. But don't start an absolutless pointless thread that is more suitable to tCN. Start a thread with the title, SICK OF SMUG COUPLES ot I'M SINGLE, NOT BROKEN! or some such other. The threads are started by the users not the mods, so if you want more interesting topics, START THEM!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jules, I understand what you're saying. But I think the message SarahSassy and others are trying to get across is: "We're not all in a loved-up relationship, please stop assuming/acting as if everyone is." It's not bitterness or jealousy, rather it's, I suspect, mild irritation at this notion that having a boyfriend is as inevitable and natural for all the girls here as having ears is.

Agreed, some people actually like being single!

Start a thread with the title, SICK OF SMUG COUPLES ot I'M SINGLE, NOT BROKEN! or some such other.
    Well I wouldn't advocate that either, as that would certainly come across bitter (the first one in particular). People shouldn't diss those who are in couples. But being in love is certainly something worthy of being celebrated, not to the point of going on about it ad infinitum though. I think it's not the "being in couples" that's a problem anyway, just the presumptuousness, which I'm not saying is intentional. People hardly mean any harm by it.

Interesting that the "single girls" thread is on page 14. Now I know that's not entirely made up of people saying "yes, I am single" but there isn't exactly an eerie silence punctuated occasionally by hogweed blowing across it either. Looks like there's lots and lotsa singletons - contrary to popular opinion it seems! :)

I understand that Dudess, but if the op wants to talk about the wonders of singledom crack on. But don't start an absolutless pointless thread that is more suitable to tCN. Start a thread with the title, SICK OF SMUG COUPLES ot I'M SINGLE, NOT BROKEN!

+1 have to agree with Jules - this thread is pointless as its not about being single and the great things that go with that but asking single people to image what their future boyfriends will be like - therefore its the same as all the other relationship threads on here that people are bitching about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I believe the OP is making the point that there is a number of threads being started here which just take for granted that everyone (or most people anyway) is in a relationship - in particular "Where did you meet your other half?" and "How often do you get it?" (although the latter doesn't specify whether "it" is with your "other half" or not).
    I find them boring a lot of the time and I'm in a relationship.

+1

It was a joke guys. Some found it entertaining and some didnt... There was no bad intention just poking fun at some of the other threads on here... Glad I am not sensitive.... Huge over reaction from some fellow posters and a Mod..

Topper75 saw what I was intending....

SS

By the way, I will meet him in an art class, he wont be circumsized, will be a total stallion, he will annoy me cos he is so mad about me and he will be 13 months older than me :) Had better run and join an art class :)

• Advertisement

Sarah, i can see the funny haha side of the thread and at the beginning i actually laughed but then all the negative posts started and tbh i'm sick to death of this forum being put down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement