Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will it be til you meet your other half? How often will you get it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

In fairness to her, all the *'put downs' are pretty valid.
    As Dudess, Sarah, Lux, Chew Chew ... the list goes on... said, the material is repetitive and is ever so slightly isolating to the rest of us not so loved up boardsies!

I know what you're gona say, that if I have a problem start more single threads. I already have, as has KtK. We are not trying to insult you or any other moderator here, nor are we putting the Ladies Lounge down. The issue is with the repetitive, off topic threads that have plauged the place! It's not you. Just look at the sarky, bitchy comments left by some people. I absolutley take issue with the poster who referred to single posts as being "bitchy", why is it "bitchy"??? Because we cannot take part in the majority of the threads here and dare to mention it? I'd call it observant moreso than bitchy. The only bitchy comments I've read have been on this thread and the single ladies thread and have been left by people who feel that if we have a problem we should start new threads. Well we have... and look what happened.

I think there are many people here, both single and attached, who find it repetitive and considering I had a thread locked here by a moderator for asking the same question as was in another thread, I find the attitudes to this entirely offensive! Surely the same rules apply for all posters?? Single or attached?!

On the issue of these threads being 'put downs', please don't take offence. They are not deliberate insults and are in no way aimed at you or any other moderator here. To be honest, I don't see it as an issue. People have simply been made aware of how some Boards.ie users are feeling as a result of some threads here. It was all done in good humour and any negativity that I can see has come from people who started/participated in said threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Yes you made your point, not everyone is in a relationship, and there is nothing wrong with being single, single people don't need to be fixed, or set up etc. Well done... /me stands and claps.... can we cut the crap and get back to normal service please.

Maybe we should set up a sub forum of here and call it the spinsters lounge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Jules wrote: »
    Maybe we should set up a sub forum of here and call it the spinsters lounge?

Miaow..... :confused:

Oh ok, now i can't make a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jokes are allowed in here? *shocked*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Jules, you can do whatever you want... Knock yourself out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

She's just reinforced everything I've said about the ladies lounge!

Funny that there'd be bans imposed if it was one of us who reacted like that! :rolleyes:

I should really just stop trying to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I should really just stop trying to be funny.

i laughed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

And in the happy spirit of this not going anywhere else, I'm going to lock it. I reckon the point's been made - yes, there are a lot of threads in this forum that make it look like de wimmin do nothing but think about gettin de men, and then when we have de men, de wimmin do nothing but complain about them.

...it's a lot like real life, really. Go forth, populate threads, have happy discussions, bash whoever you want to (except gay people, travellers and foreign nationals because this is still boards.ie.)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement