Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now here is a plumbing job

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thats a setup. I've worked with lads from poland and eastern europe and they're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Hilarious. Goes to show they breed cowboys everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

311 wrote: »
    Thats a setup. I've worked with lads from poland and eastern europe and they're grand.

Yea it does look a bit like a set up, but if it is someone has gone to a lot of trouble and wrecked a good house in the process...

Yea it does look a bit like a set up, but if it is someone has gone to a lot of trouble and wrecked a good house in the process...

I've seen just as bad work done by gunterers from ireland . It's terrible that this is up on youtube ,with polish tradesmen getting the slack for it.

Maybe it was one polish guy ,who doesn't know any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Tony255 wrote: »

Unsubstantiated and racist material like this crap has no place on Boards:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

ircoha wrote: »
    Unsubstantiated and racist material like this crap has no place on Boards:mad:

are you joking me, have you ever taken a look at the after hours board chill out a little bit:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

I'm sure it's a wind up. That's very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Tony255 wrote: »
    are you joking me, have you ever taken a look at the after hours board chill out a little bit:rolleyes:

Exactly, its on after hours, not a "serious" area like this.
    Delly, I'd advise closing/deleting this thread.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I checked this thread out from the start and made a decision to keep it open. If there is any racist comments on thread, then i'll take action.

My own opinion is its some form of piss take or setup. I can't believe its real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

still a lot of work to set it up .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I agree. There really only one reason to post this and thats FUD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

ha

Looks more like a DIY disaster than anything else, I find it hard to believe that even the worst tradesman could fúck it up so badly.

Looks more like a DIY disaster than anything else, I find it hard to believe that even the worst tradesman could fúck it up so badly.

In fairness. No one even the worst DIY'er would do this.

BostonB wrote: »
    In fairness. No one even the worst DIY'er would do this.
    You've never watched the likes of "diysos" etc, but sometimes I think some make it worse(r) for tv!.

The chances of a team of lads doing this wrong is out of the question.
    If it was done by someone ,they were on their own and haven't lived here that long.

Looking at a program on Rte a few weeks ago ,it's astonishing the state of some of the accomadation here in ireland. I wouldn't be suprised if an inexperienced polish lad ,living in a dump here ,wouldn't know good plumbing if he seen it.

If it was done by someone ,they were on their own and haven't lived here that long.

Looking at a program on Rte a few weeks ago ,it's astonishing the state of some of the accomadation here in ireland. I wouldn't be suprised if an inexperienced polish* lad ,living in a dump here ,wouldn't know good plumbing if he seen it.

True, I've seen some real bodges in London B&B's over the years and in some third world countries for that matter, the thing being "don't care what it looks like as long as it works!"

* nationality not relevant

The funny thing about the video and the attitude of the lads in the video is ,I don't think they actually appreciate the importance of migrant workers here in ireland.

It's actually quite sad ,to see them laugh the way they do.

Looking at a program on Rte a few weeks ago ,it's astonishing the state of some of the accomadation here in ireland. I wouldn't be suprised if an inexperienced polish lad ,living in a dump here ,wouldn't know good plumbing if he seen it.

The assumption being what? That Irish plumbing is better that it is elsewhere? or that Poland back in the middle ages? Unbelievable. :rolleyes: Irish lads have been throwing up any old slap and expecting people to pay through the nose for a long time. At least in the middle ages they know what what a straight line is, and how to hang a vertical plum bob. This video is on the same level as Paddy Irish man jokes.

I've never said the population of poland have inferior workmanship to our own.

But ,as with Ireland and many other countries ,we don't all have the luxury of pristine living conditions. And thats why we choose to make a better life.

I'm fully aware of what I said and what I meant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement