Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change in Diet

• 03-04-2008 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

I hope this is the right forum, but if not, mods feel free to move

I've recently decided not just to lose weight but to get my diet in order. By that i mean i was eating all the wrong foods.

I've replaced breakfast (which could have been anything... usually unhealthy), with porridge every morning. I've pretty much cut out bread and i've given up full fat milk. I've stopped eating junk, and am now eating 4-5 pieces of fruit every day instead... usually orange, 2 x pears, banana and apple. Dinners have now gone healthy as well. I don't eat after 9PM and I've been doing this for two weeks now.

The thing is, is that since i've reviewed what food i'm eating, and starting eating more healthily, i seem to be getting bad cramps in my stomach. Some days i won't get cramps but it feels very achy.

Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thecleverone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The thing is, is that since i've reviewed what food i'm eating, and starting eating more healthily, i seem to be getting bad cramps in my stomach. Some days i won't get cramps but it feels very achy.

Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thecleverone

It might be due to the amount of fruit you're eating. Try cutting back for a day and see what happens. Too much is hard to digest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Nutrition & Diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Try cutting back for a day and see what happens. Too much is hard to digest.

For the last 3 days i've only taken 2 pieces of fruit a day. Yesterday was a pear and banana, Tuesday was an apple and banana. Cramps are still there. Just worried i might be leaving an essential foodstuff out of my diet which could be resulting in the cramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Post up your exact diet for a couple of days, i.e. everything that you put into your mouth and maybe people will spot something.

Also, maybe go see your doctor, it might be something else altogether.

Ok, looking over this, my diet is still atrocious! This would not be a typical week, but i've been up the walls for the last few weeks so i'm eating and running:

Wednesday:
    Breakfast: Porridge with honey and a pear
    Mid morning snack: Nutrigrain bar + tea
    Lunch: Bowl of special K + banana
    Dinner: Chicken Taglitelle

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: Porridge with honey and apple
    Lunch: Rice Krispies + Banana
    Dinner: Chicken breast (+ nothing else... i was in a rush)

Monday:
    Breakfast: Porridge with honey + Pear + Nutrigrain bar
    Mid morning snack: An Orange
    Lunch: Bagel (there's the bread creeping in), with tuna, low fat mayo and sweetcorn
    Afternoon Snack: Pear + Banana
    Dinner: Chicken Soup (lots of it!)
    Evening: Apple

I also have about 6 cups of tea every day with slimline milk.

• Advertisement

Is it possible they are hunger pains?.....It doesn't look like you are eating enough, to be sure you should run through this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054886861

Or maybe the porridge is disagreeing with you?

I was wondering if it was the porridge alright. I have never eaten porridge so i might take it out of the equasion for a while and see how i feel.

btw - dont' feel like hunger pains. I know i'm not eating enough but its not intentional. I'm just very busy and can never think of "quick" healthy snacks to make.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have you ever gotten tested for lactose intolerance? Sometimes if I have something with lots of milk in it, like a large full-fat mocha, my stomach really hurts and I think it's something to do with the milk. Ask your GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Wednesday:
    Breakfast: Porridge with honey and a pear
    Lunch: Bowl of special K + banana
    Dinner: Chicken Taglitelle

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: Porridge with honey and apple
    Lunch: Rice Krispies + Banana
    Dinner: Chicken breast (+ nothing else... i was in a rush)

Monday:
    Breakfast: Porridge with honey + Pear + Nutrigrain bar
    Mid morning snack: An Orange
    Lunch: Bagel (there's the bread creeping in), with tuna, low fat mayo and sweetcorn
    Afternoon Snack: Pear + Banana
    Dinner: Chicken Soup (lots of it!)
    Evening: Apple

I also have about 6 cups of tea every day with slimline milk.

You still have a lot of high-sugar foods in there, and not a lot of quality nutrition.

I'd get rid of the Nutrigrain bars (they are just biscuits with clever advertising) and try eating a handful of raw nuts instead.

For lunch, why not try something like an omlette (or hard boiled eggs if you are brown-bagging), maybe with an apple or some ryvita?

Is there a reason you have no red meat in your diet?

Advertisement