Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Testing Company in Athy

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Good Morning All,

Can anybody please tell me if they have had any experiences of the H2O water company in Athy. I had them in the other night to test the water and seemed happy but i have since been advised that the company is an elaborate scam.
    Can anyone enlighten me as i'm thinking twice about dealing with them now ?

Thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

they called my house and said we are doing a quick survey about water, 3 questions so i answered them and a few days later my mam got a call to say they were on the way out.

my dad told them to f*** off as he has been drinking the water for 30 yrs and hes fine.

she closed her bag and left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buzzing247

They were out to me on Tuesday - they are quite elaborate i have to admit - all kinds of banking documentation to set up monthly finance and so on and so forth - i really could have been sucked in if a neighbour had not mentioned it to me last night.

Is there anything can be done about them ? I can't imagine anything they are doing is illegal unfortunately !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

If you have any worries about the (public) water supply in your home, you can contact the HSE to have it tested. Obviously, this might take a few days to arrange etc.

If you check the EPA's website, you can see full details about the water quality in Kildare (and all counties).

Bottom line- the water is as near to perfect as can be and no-one needs to purchase one of these units from H2O or anyone else. It's a complete waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Frester

Here is the official site for the thing that happened:

http://www.watertestscam.org.za

H2O actually endorsed it, however all you have to do to do that is fill out a form. There was a case which they were involved in too. But I'm not sure what happened there. All the genuine water companies around want them to get caught out because they are scaring people into buying water systems which they don't need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement