Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Football this weekend

• 03-04-2008 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Premier Division
    Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps
    Cork City v UCD
    Drogheda Utd v Galway Utd
    St Patricks Ath v Derry City
    Shamrock Rov v Bohemians
    Sligo Rovers v Cobh Ramblers

I think City will absolutely thump UCD this weekend. Not through any great tactical nous from Mathews, but the changes which you would imagine he will be forced to make. UCD are a poor outfit, and will almost certainly go down this season. A good win hear kick starts the season (tm).

Drogs should easily take the 3 points against a Galway side in dissarray at the moment.

SPA Vs Derry should be a good game. I would have assumed it was being televised, but apparently not.

First Division
    Longford Town v Kildare County
    Sporting Fingal v Dundalk
    Waterford Utd v Limerick 37
    Monaghan Utd v Athlone Town
    Wexford Youths v Shelbourne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Dublin Derby on Friday!!

Rovers who are flying and have only conceded one (controversial) goal so far and playing fantastic stuff (even Roddy says so) against a shambles of a B*hs side who havent gotten going yet.

An easy 3 points for the hoops and the joy of watching the seeds of the bozo fans try and remove another manager. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Dublin Derby on Friday!!

Rovers who are flying and have only conceded one (controversial) goal so far and playing fantastic stuff (even Roddy says so) against a shambles of a B*hs side who havent gotten going yet.

An easy 3 points for the hoops and the joy of watching the seeds of the bozo fans try and remove another manager. :D

Ho ho! It's the wisdom of Roddy! We'll see.
    Shams certainly are flying... by their standards. And, as you say, we haven't gotten going yet... by ours.
    Bring it on! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

tough game for us, harris back in training so could start.

Clarke
    Lynch/Brennan Cearuil/Paisley Partridge Paisley/Byrne
    Ryan Fahey Dempsey/Lynch Kirby
    O Neill Quigley

I know drogs cork and bohs stuttering, rovers flying and derry doing ok. But jebus look at our possible 11 for friday thats without Harris Keane or Ndo :eek: team in bold should play maybe :confused:

Keane fit this week, Ndoisdoubtful

Think we will win it, Rovers to win, Cork to win Drogs to draw

kdjac

SectionF wrote: »
    Ho ho! It's the wisdom of Roddy! We'll see.
    Shams certainly are flying... by their standards. And, as you say, we haven't gotten going yet... by ours.
    Bring it on! :pac:

The Roderick reference, was as you well know, tongue in cheek.

By our standards we are back where we traditionally have been after a few barren years - towords the top of the pile playing good ball based on a solid defence.

The D7 vermin, after a couple of succesful years, are back where you traditionally belong. Scrabbling around the basement with delusions of grandeour, splits in your fanbase, a manager who makes no secret that the B*hs job is a stepping stone to the Rovers one and relying on novel fundrasing approaches such as getting banned hooligans to stump up a grand each to be let back into games to pay the bills.

The Dalymount soap opera is in full swing and we are only 3 games in.

Speaking of which in court today over who owns part of the ground.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

The Roderick reference, was as you well know, tongue in cheek.

By our standards we are back where we traditionally have been after a few barren years - towords the top of the pile playing good ball based on a solid defence.

The D7 vermin, after a couple of succesful years, are back where you traditionally belong. Scrabbling around the basement with delusions of grandeour, splits in your fanbase, a manager who makes no secret that the B*hs job is a stepping stone to the Rovers one and relying on novel fundrasing approaches such as getting banned hooligans to stump up a grand each to be let back into games to pay the bills.

Is your use of the word 'vermin' also tongue in cheek?

Your fantasies and your obsession with happenings at Dalymount are entertaining and even touching (do all Shams agree on everything? I have no idea, because I couldn't care less).

But do you think you are capable of having a discussion about a football match without resorting to abusive language?

If it's straightforward abuse, then I suggest that the mods take action. If it's humour, then perhaps you could have a look at some modern techniques in that genre. Being funny would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Whatever the result tomorrow night, Bohs will still finish ahead of Rovers like.

DSB wrote: »
    Whatever the result tomorrow night, Bohs will still finish ahead of Rovers like.

Is that one of the modern humour techniques Section F was talking about? :D

No chance.

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Speaking of which in court today over who owns part of the ground.

Does it matter anymore? Harristown is dead.

SectionF wrote: »
    Your fantasies and your obsession with happenings at Dalymount are entertaining and even touching (do all Shams agree on everything? I have no idea, because I couldn't care less).

Obsession? Imagine, talking about Bohs the day before the derby! Whatever next?

What exactly here is 'fantasy'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Best start to a season in years and "Bohs havent got going yet" 3 wins out of 4 including a 3-0 win in a league where theres not going to be many easy matches, cant wait till we get going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Does it matter anymore? Harristown is dead.

Well I do and I;d say most geniune LoI fans do. I hate Bohs with a passion, but another homeless team in Ireland is not what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

In the First Division, Magic Mike Kerley makes a return to Waterford United, no doubt hoping to relive the glorious days he had there

Doubt its dead they got money from the deal, reckon the developer is looking for a cheaper price. Current property market prices mean he be paying a lot more than the grounds worth now.

kdjac

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

This is worse than Christmas eve.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

bohsman wrote: »
    This is worse than Christmas eve.

I'm suppose to be in school till 9 tomorrow, might forget to stay in. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rovers Bohs has a draw written all over it

pats rovers and cork to win just over 6-1 on PP

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Premier Division
    Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps Draw
    Cork City v UCD Draw
    Drogheda Utd v Galway Utd Drogs
    St Patricks Ath v Derry City SPA
    Shamrock Rov v Bohemians Draw
    Sligo Rovers v Cobh Ramblers Rovers

First Division
    Longford Town v Kildare County Longford
    Sporting Fingal v Dundalk Dundalk
    Waterford Utd v Limerick 37 Waherfur
    Monaghan Utd v Athlone Town Draw
    Wexford Youths v Shelbourne Draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

this thread would be better if it contained the words "mega fun" somewhere in the title. a missed opportunity there Gimmick!

longford and UCD will finish nil all, in a tedious 90 minutes of action. we might see a shot on target, if we're lucky.

sorry, i meant to say cork city instead of longford, it's easy to make that mistake these days..

Roar wrote: »
    sorry, i meant to say cork city instead of longford, it's easy to make that mistake these days..
    No it's not.

Longford have scored 8 goals in 4 games.

Agreed needs funny thread title, Gimmick gets no thanks on this one. :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

DesF wrote: »
    No it's not.

Longford have scored 8 goals in 4 games.

oh yeah, i see where the comparison fails, you wouldn't have seen much of them last season, what with being in the first division and all, whereas because now they're actually in the first division, the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak

Crowe takes over as Bohs leading all time goalscorer if he scores tonight.

bohsman wrote: »
    Crowe takes over as Bohs leading all time goalscorer if he scores tonight.

Interesting. Another reason to gloat tomorrow!! :D

His record is quite poor against the hoops, one goal in 20+ games, and that was in 2001 IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Draw against Kildare.

Draw against Kildare.
    Ye'll beat Kildare, no bother.

If you had to witness the performance down in Limerick last week you wouldnt be so confident!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

If you had to witness the performance down in Limerick last week you wouldnt be so confident!

Yore underestimating how sh/te Kildare are...

Wexford Youths v Shelbourne Draw

Interesting call DesF.. Would have thought it would be a match that Shels would expect to win, albeit not easily. Hence my 0-1 predicition in the other thread.
    Or are you playing down Shels chances so if they win it'll look look a good result???!

ibh wrote: »
    Interesting call DesF.. Would have thought it would be a match that Shels would expect to win, albeit not easily. Hence my 0-1 predicition in the other thread.
    I don't know tbh.

We haven't really hit form at the front yet, and only Anto Flood actually looks like scoring.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we got beat tbh, because our defence that looked rock solid in pre-season hasn't started well, and we have a few injuries there tonight too.

Or are you playing down Shels chances so if they win it'll look look a good result???!
    I call things as I see them tbh. No game playing from me.:)

How is Damien Brennan doing in Defense for ye? And that wanker Freeman?

How is Damien Brennan doing in Defense for ye?
    Great, he's a quality player. And the captain.

Why is he not in the Prem?

And that wanker Freeman?
    Meh.

Wanker?

Do explain.

I don't know tbh.

We haven't really hit form at the front yet, and only Anto Flood actually looks like scoring.

I call things as I see them tbh. No game playing from me.:)

Yea Floods a decent striker i have to admit.. I do still expect Philly Hughes to score a few providing he gets some games. He'll probably wait till he's in Oriel to start scoring!!

I'll take your word for it on the game playing. Although i have a feeling u tipped shels for a draw last week!! Are you really superstitious desf?? Do you wear a coin in your left sock, do you always wear the same matchday underwear..... Sorry, losing the plot there a little.

I will hope for a Shels draw and a Waterford draw, and a massive win for the Lilywhites in Lisbon or Fingal or wherever the fcuk that team are from...!

• Advertisement

lol

the only superstition I have is to wear the same top whenever Boardeaux are playing.

:)

Great, he's a quality player. And the captain.

Why is he not in the Prem?

Meh.

Wanker?

Do explain.

Was surprised that Damien didnt join a team in the Prem. Was immense last season for Longford. Freeman decided to **** off and not tell anyone where he was going around the time of the cup final. Cup final suit bought, rooms booked etc. Did not have the decency to tell anyone.

Was surprised that Damien didnt join a team in the Prem. Was immense last season for Longford.
    Yep, one thing though.

Was he called "Daisy" when he was with your lot?

It's a bit....er....wtf kinda nickname is that....isn't it?
    Freeman decided to **** off and not tell anyone where he was going around the time of the cup final. Cup final suit bought, rooms booked etc. Did not have the decency to tell anyone.
    Did he go on holidays or what?

Bizarre.

He was called Daisy, and I have no idea why!

He was meant to have been in New York.

He was called Daisy, and I have no idea why!
    He looks a bit like a cow.

Ah no.

Damien
    Damo.
    Daisy.

I'd say.

It's still a bit ghey though.

• Advertisement

Interesting. Another reason to gloat tomorrow!! :D

His record is quite poor against the hoops, one goal in 20+ games, and that was in 2001 IIRC.

He has a few more than that but its a great day to bring back memories of the Santry Siro Massacre, cheers :D

Think his last one against Rovers was the equaliser before McGuinness got the late looping header winner last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure how to feel about Grand Slam Friday. I'd usually be confident Rovers could get a result but you never know in games like this. Taken the day off work for it and to be honest I'd be useless in there now anyway, can't think of anything but beating the Gypos.

Grand Slam Friday
    :eek:

:eek:

problem? :D

St. Patrick's Athletic 4 4 0 0 8 1 12
    Shamrock Rovers 4 3 1 0 6 1 10
    Derry City 4 3 1 0 8 4 10
    Bohemians 4 3 0 1 6 2 9

We could go 4 points clear or 3rd by 9:30 :confused: on Grand Slam Friday

Highlights of both games on Tv3 tonight, i do like tv3 playing catch up.

kdjac

Grand Sham Friday more like.

ffs, get a better name instead of stealing of them over there.

Yiz will be calling it eL Classico next.

Grand Sham Friday more like.

ffs, get a better name instead of stealing of them over there.

Yiz will be calling it eL Classico next.

I think you'll find that El Classico was stolen by Barca and Real from the original 'DE CLASSIC', between Drogheda and Dundalk.....!

I think you'll find that El Classico was stolen by Barca and Real from the original 'DE CLASSIC', between Drogheda and Dundalk.....!

One Derby to rule them all,
    One Derby to find them,
    One Derby to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them

Lads, I'm on about the only Derby match that matters.

Shelbourne versus Sporting Fingal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City up 1-0 after a very dubious penalty decision. Pen converted by Mooney.

We needed something like that to kickstart the season.

Almost 3,500 at it which is probably a record for a Cork vs UCD game.

The buzz is around the club again.:)

we were poor and derry deserved the win, goal was a horrendous mistake by our keeper.

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Crowe takes over as Bohs leading scorer :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement