Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat in heat?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Picture037.jpg

My cat - Bitey John Moggins The Feline Reincarnation Of Waco Activist David Koresh (moggins for short) is about 9 months old. We haven't had her spayed yet. For the last couple of days she is constantly wailing and miaowing quite loudly during the day and night.

She is normally a very quite moggy, so this is very different behaviour for her. Is this a sign that he is gone into heat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Absolutely. Get her spayed ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

She's upset because the other cats have been teasing her about her name. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I'd say so, you need to get her spayed, I think you have to wait until she is finished heat. she's a pretty girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

stovelid wrote: »
    She's upset because the other cats have been teasing her about her name. :)

Its quite the mouthful when she is in trouble ;)

Cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

This happened my 6 month old kitten recently and I felt so guilty for not having her spayed already. The reason i didn't is because she is a very small size and I thought she had another month or two to go before she went into heat. Just shows you can never be too careful!

Definitely sounds like your kitten in heat as they are the same symptoms as my kitten had. The vet was a bit reluctant to spay her while in heat as there is more blood flow to the area or something. I got her done a week later though. Just be careful if she's an outdoor cat though as they can actually stay in heat until they mate even if they are not showing the symptoms.
    Horny little buggers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd say keep her in until she is out of heat. She will almost definately get pregnant if she is in heat and outdoors. Get her to the vet asap and he will advise the best thing to do (just in case she's not in heat and there is something wrong with her)

I had to get my pair done at 4 month old - showing a very unhealthy interest in each other, despite still being tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Cats can usually be spayed during a heat with very little problems, its not as big a deal as with bitches. Get her done ASAP!! Cats are seasonally polyoetrus,she could potentially come into heat every month from now until October, you'll find it difficult to tell when one heat ends and another begins. They show very little outward signs (again unlike bitches: vulval swelling etc), mostly its noticed on because of behavioural changes/ posturing etc.

Advertisement