Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Golf 1.4 TSI

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Picking a 1.4TSI 170 BHP up on Tuesday.

Did VW say why u can't order the 1.4TSI engines any more?
    I've heard that VW have calculated that the existing orders waiting on these engines are sufficient now to take them up to the new model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 N1977

jonny_b wrote: »
    did anyone get their cars then after the wait?
    VW now states for the 1.4TSI and 1.6FSI that "Please note these models are only available from stock and are not available to factory order." So if you order a Golf now you will only get a choice of diesel engines.

I still haven't got mine yet (170BHP) and I ordered it on 18 March after being told that delivery was between 8 and 10 weeks. I was told at the start of May that production was the last week of May and that I should have it by the end of the 1st week of June. When I formally complained last week I was then told that the Volkswagen Ireland have contacted the factory to classify the car as "urgent". My dealer has now told me that the car should arrive on a boat this week.

Is everyone happy with their gt sports? I for one am happy with mine! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Hi lads can anyone tell me do they get a ticking sound from their car - mainly hear it when idling - it might tick a few times and disappear and then come back next time - seems very intermittent - delaer said its a normal noise im like hmmm. Mine is a 07 gt 170. My last 04 golf 80bhp certainly didnt make the noise

cheers

yeah it semms to be the norm, its just ticking over

Hi Jonny - thks for that. Would you notice it as very intermittent and very noticable? Id someone in the car the other day and they were like what is that ticking sound i said its normal they said theyd never heard it in any other car before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

corklad32 wrote: »
    Hi Jonny - thks for that. Would you notice it as very intermittent and very noticable? Id someone in the car the other day and they were like what is that ticking sound i said its normal they said theyd never heard it in any other car before
    If it's loud enough for a passenger to comment on it then it's not normal, IMO.

Ya thats what i was wondering. If youd like the radio off or low and sitting idling then it comes on and might stop after say twenty seconds and you may or may not hear it next time yourer idling. Quite a noticable ticking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

That sounds to me like the ticking you get from the engine bay after you've driven a car hard - it gives several loud ticks for about 20-30 seconds and then stops.
    Next time it's happening, kill the engine and see if it continues. If it stops when the engine stops, then it may be related to something rotating, but if it continues when the engine's stopped, then it's probably just the engine bay cooling down.

If that's what it is, I'd venture to say that the reason you never experienced it in your old Golf is because the new car is encouraging you to drive more "enthusiastically".

Hey - ya as soon as you kill the engine it stops straight away. I generally don't drive the car hard at all it would be more slow driving in or around town that i would notice it more. TCM and BWM both said its a normal sound although they didnt actually hear it - i described it and bwm said its some filter or valve burning off the emmisisons or something along those lines? Wouldnt have thought it would be so noisy though. Not sure if its just a gt170 issue but if there are any other gt170 drivers here it'd be good to get yere thoughts.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi guys - i now have a 08 140hp tsi golf - swapped it with the dealer for my 07 gt 170 (so many problems) anyway just wondering about getting a twin exhaust fitted like the gti or the tsi 170 model. The 140 has a twin exhaust fitted under the bumper but id like to get it modified purely for the look. Has anyone any comments on this - how difficult/epensive it might be and any places that do this in the cork/munster area? Also could changing this cause any potential issues? Thks guys

not that i know of but i'd like to do the same myself. ive the 122bhp tsi

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭geezer1234

got it done myself at local vw dealer (leinster area). You will need to order a new rear bumper valance with a cutout for the exhaust (same one as GTI) as well as the exhaust itself. I can get you part codes if you want. It cost me 500 quid for parts and labour - mad money for something thats only cosmetic but no regrets !

geezer1234 wrote: »
    got it done myself at local vw dealer (leinster area). You will need to order a new rear bumper valance with a cutout for the exhaust (same one as GTI) as well as the exhaust itself. I can get you part codes if you want. It cost me 500 quid for parts and labour - mad money for something thats only cosmetic but no regrets !
    I'd really appreciate it if you would pm me the part numbers! im also in the leinster area too, carlow. all info appreciated!!

Cheers Geezer!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

geezer1234 wrote: »

Utter madness imho. Your money though

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭geezer1234

I agree ! Probably mild compared to to what some boy racer types spend on their motors though.

For sure - some of the boy racers would have spent thousands on their motors probably a few times what the car was worth! Any chance you could pm me the part numbers also and any chance you could post a few pics geezer1234? Cheers

Advertisement