Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video gaming girls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

aye wrote: »
    the date is in month/day/year. maybe it didnt make sense if you put the month is as 20 or whatever.

Maybe. I'll go on tonight on my latop and check it out.

EDIT: 25, really? - baxtards!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Aye you will have to remove your above post #30 roms are illegal and you can't advertise it on here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

if you have a ds you should buy this ......

delete delete delete that post, that isnt available anymore and boards dont allow you posts sites to download games afaik. Anyone who does it on the gaming forum gets their post deleted. Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

watna wrote: »
    Maybe. I'll go on tonight on my latop and check it out.

EDIT: 25, really? - baxtards!

could you not just enter your dob as 1982 or whatever?

Aye you will have to remove your above post #30 roms are illegal and you can't advertise it on here

SNAP :D

• Advertisement

okey doke. done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Good work people!

Anyway yes, I'll go on tonight again and enter my real date of birth. I'm actually 55, i just like to go on websites and pretend I'm a lot younger! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

watna wrote: »
    Good work people!

Anyway yes, I'll go on tonight again and enter my real date of birth. I'm actually 55, i just like to go on websites and pretend I'm a lot younger! :D

Sure its the internet you could have said you were any age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ooooh!!

I LOVE Zelda!!
    Supermario
    Tekken
    Streetfighter
    Mariokart (hehehe)

Of course girls love video games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

pampers1 wrote: »
    II'm a real girly girl so would love any recommendations of any girly games that any of you might have played. Like fashion design games or things like that. !

you might like Pheonix Wright - its a visual novel game, no fashion design I'm afraid, you play an attorney and you have to talk to people and collect clues then go to court and try and win the case - it works really well on the DS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im so supprised that more men havent been in here giving it all that " women are crap at games " " stay in the kitchen " etc etc.

Granted there have not been a huge host of games designed with girls in mind ( and the ones that have thee girls dont like - Hello kitty adventures for example.....GTFO), its nice to see them playing games which are generally aimed at blokes. And the skill of female gamers is certainly rising alot, over the last few years soem of the female gamers have even turned pro ( no not the frag dolls ) and are earning good money form something they enjoy.

But now i have to say the OH is dire at most games. For example i sat her down to play forza2 one day. On a nice easy track with a slow car, up she coems to a corner so i tell her to slow down and turn in.... No... that was stupid of me... She drops a gear, gunns it and rams right into the armco !

Oh yeah. The law stats roms are not illegal as long as you own the original game on its original media type !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

My ex used to stomp me regularly at Soul Calibre 3, which was very annoying as i was pretty damn good at that game!

She was freaking awesome on Gods of War as well, finished it on God mode before i did which turned me on a bit. :)

Current flat mate is a legend, loves games. Has hundreds of the old school games on emulator.

I think i love her.

Anti wrote: »
    Oh yeah. The law stats roms are not illegal as long as you own the original game on its original media type !

Maybe the law states that but boards states otherwise and are quick to warn people on the games forum.

I forgot about Tekken, I used to play that all the time, along with Colin McRae Rally and Gran Turismo, i forgot we had a Playstation back in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've got quite a few consoles, got all the last-gen stuff and a Wii, but I play way too much World of Warcraft for my own good (2 level 70 characters, one of which is in T6 raid content - and this means nothing to non-WoW players!). I've been gaming for a very long time, since I was about 7 years old (I'm going to be 24 this summer), and it does annoy me sometimes when people assume that girls don't game.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

I forgot about Tekken, I used to play that all the time, along with Colin McRae Rally and Gran Turismo, i forgot we had a Playstation back in the day![/quote]

I absolutely loved Tekken... I used to play against my brothers and demolished them every time. It was brilliant!!

pampers1 wrote: »

I absolutely loved Tekken... I used to play against my brothers and demolished them every time. It was brilliant!!

Ha yeah I played it with my brothers too. I don't think I ever won! Maybe when my bro had a cup of tea in one hand :o

If you want a real girly game for the ds Cake Mania can be quite addictive, gotta get those cakes iced :D

Cathooo wrote: »
    Ha yeah I played it with my brothers too. I don't think I ever won! Maybe when my bro had a cup of tea in one hand :o

If you want a real girly game for the ds Cake Mania can be quite addictive, gotta get those cakes iced :D

tekken is legendary!
    the ds has some crazy games. cooking mama is another one that springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would recommend Loco Roco to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I love my DS games- pokemon, phoenix wright, trauma centre... and all them twee little games like Harvest moon and animal crossing. Gotta milk my cows and find a wife, while selling turnips to a racoon :p

I have a Wii and I adore Guitar Hero and Super Mario Galaxy! Also have a PS2, We <3 Katamari is an amazing game. I've always liked the final fantasy role playing stuff, but I just don't have the time to grind in those any more. On my laptop I have games like Sim City, The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Civilization... I love strategy games!

I'm tempted to buy a PSP to pay games like the Katamari one, and Patapon, and other quirky stuff like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Silverfish wrote: »
    Eh?

Well, I have a pc, its a bit old and jaded at the moment, its waiting for its upgrade.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz Socket AM2
    1MB, 65W
    Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB
    128Meg x 64, CL5, 667MHz, 240-pin
    Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA
    16MB 10000RPM
    MSI K9N SLI Platinum,nForce 570 SLI,ATX,
    Socket-AM2,2xGbLAN,DDR2,Firew,2xPCI-Ex16
    and a x1950xtx pro.

So on that, my favourite games would be Quake, Battlefield 2, HL, HL2, and I really enjoyed Quake 4. COD4 was pretty good too. I'm in a Battlefield 2 clan for the last....eh...oh my god, three years?, but we don't play so much anymore, the game sortof declined a bit.

On the Snes, good old mariokart or zelda. I used to be pretty good at Street Fighter, but I lost all my skillz. They may have been imaginary.
    EDIT: Omg, Bomberman! How could I forget. Way back when, I lived in a crappy apartment in Ranelagh. I'd just come home after surgery, and I was unable to work for a month. All I had was a crappy tv, my snes, and Bomberman. All I did was play through over, and over, trying to beat the game in the fastest times.

On the Sega, Need for Speed. Oldschool.

I only had a Playstation one, I don't think I liked any games on that. I played a lot of them, but I can't remember any. Oh, Pandemonium, that was sortof cool. And I played Spyro, that was okay. Meh. The whole thing just sucked. I was a nintendo child, and there was none of that yayness with the playstation.

On the wii, the winner is Super Mario Galaxy. Zelda Twilight Princess was..... okayish.

On the Xbox, Pgr / Forza.

On the Xbox 360, (which I just gave in and bought) it's all about the Forza.

I still have all these consoles under my tv, with the exception of the Sega and the Playstation, which I gave to my brother.
    I'm not into any rts / mmorpgs or anything, I really only like FPS, and for consoles mainly racing games.

But to be honest, like anything else, it'll vary wildly, there'll be lots of girls who don't play, just like there's lots of boys who don't, but no-one ever really thinks to survey them.

Is there a similar post going in BGRH, just for balance?

....wow. Good inspirational post straight off the bat.

I remember playing with you a few times back in the good old days of BF2 (though I tried to play it again lately, and being so conditioned to Call of Duty 4, I was almost promptly sick in my mouth) and while it's unusual to see a female gamer in terms of playing FPS games, it's even rarer to see one that's actually good.

My girlfriends role in BF2 was to just follow me around and revive me whenever I died. Some may argue that's a womans rightful place...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Ah ladies, howryis?

Just thought I'd further something that was posted in the Games forum recently.
    Someone asked for recommendations for games for his girlfriend, which of course sparked off the debates about what games girls enjoy.

Who among you enjoys video games, and what would be your favourite games?

Not trying to find any common thread between the games you enjoy, more a matter of trying to buck the image that there are games "for girls".

I'm obsessed with sim city 4. The sims2 is ok too. I also like games such as dreamfall the longest journey. Zelda is a great game as is this random ps2 game called dark cloud.

do no girls like final fantasy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

do no girls like final fantasy?

I used to play number seven until it got scratched bad, but my bro got a copy of it a few days ago, but he wont let me play it the fecker, says its "rare" ad he paid 70 quid for it and I'm not getting near it. Ill wait a few days and nick it.

I play a lot of guitar hero, went out and bought it at Christmas, Im so addicted.
    I bought Lemmings there a while ago, brings back loads of memories!
    Kula World didn't move outside of my house for a few weeks because of that one . Street Fighter, Tekken, Theme Hospital, GTA, Mario, Sonic, Tomb Raider, Donkey Kong.
    I play Call of Duty 4 sometimes, but Im hopeless cause I cant get the hang of the XBOX 360 controllers.

JaneyMc wrote: »
    I used to play number seven until it got scratched bad, but my bro got a copy of it a few days ago, but he wont let me play it the fecker, says its "rare" ad he paid 70 quid for it and I'm not getting near it. Ill wait a few days and nick it.

rare? why?
    surely you can get it on ebay cheap enough. 7 was brilliant, 10 was deadly too, havent played 11 yet.
    great game, you do need some free time to play it tho.

found it, 20 euro. http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-PS1-Final-Fantasy-7-Platinum-new-sealed_W0QQitemZ360038539112QQihZ023QQcategoryZ3719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

rare? why?
    surely you can get it on ebay cheap enough. 7 was brilliant, 10 was deadly too, havent played 11 yet.
    great game, you do need some free time to play it tho.

found it, 20 euro. http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-PS1-Final-Fantasy-7-Platinum-new-sealed_W0QQitemZ360038539112QQihZ023QQcategoryZ3719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well I don't know what he's talking about then, I presumed he got it off ebay cause it came in the post. Seems he is just being mean. He will suffer accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

I didn't know games consoles were kitchen appliances these days? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Portal. It's one of the best.games.ever. Sing along too!:

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
    You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

And you can get it on xbox as well as pc methinks.
    I love all Mario games and Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii rocked!! I go to "the crazy place" when I find a game that I like, staying up all night to complete it and all that. Having said that I pride myself on being nerdy, and have a vested interest in the aul computhers, so my taste mightn't be everyones.

Can you go wrong with an oul platformer? I loved locoroco on the PSP and that was aimed at kiddies. Crazy place insued regardless. Do you know of one game that she likes? You could try a bit of collaborative filtering using this website and get ideas:http://www.gamespot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Defenestrate banned for one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

My OH love's FF7, it was one of the first thing's we talked about when we first met. In all honesty she can still beat me in fighting game's despite my year's of practice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this thread is a real eye opener tbh.

i've never met a girl that is into games except for the ocassional sims player :(

Advertisement