Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video gaming girls

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I tried AOE, but could never get into them either tbh...

The movies is a Movie Studio sim! You run the movie studio, and have to control everything from cleanliness of the studio to hiring and firing stars, making the movies, keeping the stars, writers, directors etc happy, and so on. It's pretty good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Movies

That looks like my kind of game! Now I might need a going away treat to give me happy on the long journey!

I might try AOE again. My OH used to play it against his ex which has tainted it for me, I think!

We used to play Warcraft III against each other but I kept destroying him so he wouldn't play any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

watna wrote: »
    That looks like my kind of game! Now I might need a going away treat to give me happy on the long journey!

I might try AOE again. My OH used to play it against his ex which has tainted it for me, I think!

We used to play Warcraft III against each other but I kept destroying him so he wouldn't play any more!

I cant play them kind of games, i would just rather sit down and play games that you dont need to spend a lot of time builiding up things or characters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

pampers1 wrote: »
    I'm a girl and I just got a DS. I love it. All I have is brain training but I'm waiting on Neves and 42 Games in 1 to be delivered. I'm a real girly girl so would love any recommendations of any girly games that any of you might have played. Like fashion design games or things like that. I saw a game on the internet for the DS where you have a baby or something like that. I have a baby already so don't need a game to add to the joy lol!!!!

You should check out Harvest Moon.

Most girls I know my age have no interest in video games, and my sister and sister-in-law are almost violently against them. And yet they allow my nieces/nephews watch TV for a couple of hours a day, which is worse imo. Go figure.

aye wrote: »
    whats thats like on the DS?
    any use?

Its pretty boring, very limited plot, one dimensional characters and dull backgrounds. Better to get the old Final Fantasy's on GBA (which would be cheaper) or break out a PS2. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Orizio wrote: »
    You should check out Harvest Moon.

I tried it and thought it was a bit crap - much prefer animal crossing..

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    I tried it and thought it was a bit crap - much prefer animal crossing..

Didn't play either, although the Harvest Moon series has always supposed to be good.

Would Animal Crossing be playable for young children - a 7 year old girl for example? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, my little sister loved Animal Crossing... I got her a copy for her 7th birthday, but she lost it... so I donated her my copy then. She loves it, but if they don't like reading then it's probably not for them, there's loads of text in animal crossing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

My personal faourite games are:

Dawn of War
    Age of Empires
    Zelda
    Fable
    The Mario platform games
    MarioKart
    The Sims 2
    Anything with the word "tycoon" in it
    Monkey Island
    Dungeon Keeper.
    ... oh and *cough* worldofwarcraft *cough*

I'd reccomend the Sims 2 or something like that for a girl if you plan on buying her a game, unless there's some other genre you know she's into.

On another note; I had no idea there were so many girl gamers out there! Where do you all hide?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Too busy pwning tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

oh I am a sort of girlie gamer. I have an xbox and a wii at the moment but the x box definitely gets more attention.
    I really like halo and also guitar hero. The boyo has guitar hero too so we have great fun playing that together even tho he is alot better. Beautiful katamari is the next game i want, i keep playing the demo but i refuse to spend 60 on a game that just involves rolling a ball over stuff, but don't underestimate it until you play it.

For the wii i have more games, zelda, mario galaxy, sports and play, super paper mario, my sims, mario 64 and recently got the gamecube games of mariokart and legend of zelda

in the olden days i used to play donkey kong country on snes, warioware and zelda on gameboy and sim city and the sims on pc :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Weidii wrote: »
    Dungeon Keeper.

Although I mostly played FPS I loved this game. Those damn Flys always fightin with the spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I love classic games. I sucked at them when I was a kid, like California Games. *Stop falling over and cycle that bike, damn you uselsss block character!!!*

Sega/ SNES Retros:
    Donkey Kong Country, Pac-Attack (I am the Master!), Super Mario All Stars, Sonic, Toejam and Earl, Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Zombies, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Starwing, F- Zero, NBA Jam, Micro Machine

PlayStation: Cool Boarders, Tony Hawk

I LOVE anything touch screeny or puzzley. Here are my faves at the mo for my DS Lite:

New Super Mario Bro
    Mario Kart
    WarioWare Touched!
    Super Monkey Ball
    Trauma Centre - Under the Knife
    Train Your Brain 1 & 2
    Big Brain Academy
    Elite Beat Agents
    Trace Memory
    Cooking Mama
    Jam Sessions
    Prism - Light the Way
    Taiko no Tatsuin
    Pokemon Diamond
    Meteos
    Polarium

<3

Gotta include keep fit stuff like Wii Sports and Dance Dance Revolution... Girlie enough for ya? ;)

And on PS2 I'm addicted to Buzz!

Advertisement