Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Usual Spin?

Leaving Harolds Cross Dog Track at ten, Dundrum at 10.20 or so.

See you there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Me out this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It'll not be the same without ya mate, but we'll struggle on :)

I'm sure ye will do just fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm in.

for real this time.

you got a bike with gears yet tiny? tis april yunno.

Not yet Tom.. if all goes well, I'll be ordering one on the 14th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

kaffenbach?

niceonetom wrote: »
    kaffenbach?

At the moment I'm looking at the Canyon Roadlite 5.0 now -I know, I change my mind more often than my socks, but for just over a grand I get full Ultegra, and everything I could possibly want.

I'm waiting so long as a mate of my old man's is majorly into his long distance cycling and I'm goin to have a chat with him, drool over his bike stable and see what he reckons, but at the mo, it's Canyon all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Really tempted to join this. I'm tryin to get started for the WW200, only problem is i havent cycled in about a month and the last two days commute have been unusually tiring. Also, my regular cycling compadres are all occupied this weekend, and I am a pretty poor self motivator.

What kinda distance/route do ya do? Is everyone incredibly good?

Usually go up to stepaside/kilternan/enniskerry, and then split - Tiny Explosions tends to head back from thre cos he's on a single speed, others of us have gone to glencree and turned back, yet others of us go over the sally gap. The pace is relaxed, waiting for each other at tops of big climbs etc. it's an 'as much as you want to do' sort of spin.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is everyone incredibly good?

I'm certainly not!

• Advertisement

Cool, I think I may join ye then. I need all the spins i can get between now and june. I did a few sally gap trips for the Sean Kelly (I stuck to the 100, my first big cycle event) and found it grand. As mentioned above tho, that was when I was fitter.

Cool, see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

hey all, this open to any? just got myself a trek 1.5 three weeks back and do about 1 to 2 50k+ spins a week but want to get out more. Also have signed up for the W200 and have done 2 Duathlons (Naas and Athenry) and doing Waterford this Saturday so this Saturday i couldnt. Have one friend i go around with and we were looking into joining some clubs to get into bigger groups but i dont know about clubs just yet cos i work weekends sometimes so the odd Sat or whenever would suit best

Bambaata wrote: »
    hey all, this open to any? just got myself a trek 1.5 three weeks back and do about 1 to 2 50k+ spins a week but want to get out more. Also have signed up for the W200 and have done 2 Duathlons (Naas and Athenry) and doing Waterford this Saturday so this Saturday i couldnt. Have one friend i go around with and we were looking into joining some clubs to get into bigger groups but i dont know about clubs just yet cos i work weekends sometimes so the odd Sat or whenever would suit best

Anyone and everyone is welcome mate, just be at the dog track by ten :)

Crap, I just remembered I have football at 12. if i meet you guys in Dundrum at 10:20 and get back to UCD for 12 I should still get a decent spin in, right?

Yeah, you'll still get a bit of a spin in anyway, sure you can head for UCD whenever ya need too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm interested.
    Generally cycle around Howth, Malahide and the Dollymount Strand. Never realy go southside so it'd be cool to see new areas and not be on my own too :)

But I don't suppose you go out on Sundays too? Would suit me better than Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I'm working tomorrow so good luck with it, hope you get better weather than last time.

flickerx (the quitter)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Probably won't be along this week. I've already arranged to go out earlier in the morning with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I was planning a spin tomorrow morning, think I'll pop along to the Dog Track for ten. Just outside the track on the main road?

With only my humble hybrid, what kind of speeds were clocked last week? My average speed always tends to rest around the 25kmh mark on my solo rides, and I'd like to know in advance if I'll be considered dead wood in the group :o

• Advertisement

beans wrote: »
    I was planning a spin tomorrow morning, think I'll pop along to the Dog Track for ten. Just outside the track on the main road?

With only my humble hybrid, what kind of speeds were clocked last week? My average speed always tends to rest around the 25kmh mark on my solo rides, and I'd like to know in advance if I'll be considered dead wood in the group :o

You're pretty much the same as myself :)

We clock 20 -25kph generally, and yup, just on the main road outside the track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Excellent, the only thing standing in the way of Saturday morning now is Friday night - but my willpower shall deal with that :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Actually, previous plan fell through cause the other guy is sick, so I'll be in Dundrum at 10:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

I enjoyed last weeks spin, despite the weather, and plan to go on a few more of them before the 200. Won't be tomorrow though, my bottom bracket started making unhealthy noises during the week so I dropped the bike in for a full service, I'm back to the 46A until early next week.

If people are unsure whether they want to do the 200 or not then going on a spin like this will prob help you make up your mind, it's certainly helped convince me.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I'll be heading out tomorrow morn on that route but plan to get out earlier as I need to be home by 1pm. If I can't get up early I might see you around Dundrum ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Well,I turned for home at the sally gap,cold head wind most of the way.El Tonto kept going,he is probably in kilkenny by now.The man is a machine!BTY,a few words of wisdom from an older cyclist that we met at the sally gap."...I have never regretted going out (on my bike)but I have often regretted not going...Well said,sir!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

I gotta get on this buzz soon.
    Bike is in for it's first service this weekend.

Not quite Kilkenny. Went over the Wicklow Gap and home via Hollywood and Blessington. Got caught in a bit of hail near Brittas, which was intersesting given I was wearing shorts.

good crowd today? there were 4 under the luas bridge as I was driving by at 10:20, presume a few more came from Harolds Cross to join up?
    Anyone up for tomorrow at all? around 3ish?

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote: »
    good crowd today? there were 4 under the luas bridge as I was driving by at 10:20, presume a few more came from Harolds Cross to join up?
    Anyone up for tomorrow at all? around 3ish?

Nope, only us four in the end.

I may be up for 3 tomorrow, depending on how the thesis work goes tonight -will let ya know in the am

Advertisement