Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile phone contracts

• 03-04-2008 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

:mad: last nov. i changed from my ready2go to bill phone........i didnt pay enough attention and didnt realise that i'm tided into a contract with o2 :mad: I rang saying i want to changed back to ready to go only to find out that i would have to stay with them till next nov. or else pay them 190 to cancel the contract............

there is load of stuff they neglected to tell me when i switched and i'm really unhappy with o2 :mad::mad::mad: i really feel that i've been screwed by them and want to changed but i'm f*cked if i'm going to pay them 190 to leave........grrrrrrr

I actually believed that phone companies couldn't lock you into a contract .......It seems so unfair to me that if you not happy with a product you have to continue to subscribe to it.......does anyone have any suggestions

I would be prepared to cancel the contract and just refuse to pay them but apparently I’ll go down as a bad debtor??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

so you signed up to a contract without checking anything about it out and without reading any of the terms and conditions and now you think they screwed you. fair enough

how are you not happy with them? what did they neglect to tell you?

what you believes isn't really o2's problem. they never tried to hide the fact that it was a 12 month contract. they just assumed that you had done some extremely basic research before coming in to sign up. there is nothing wrong with the product they have given you. it functions exactly as its supposed to and you agreed to sign up to it for 12 months when you signed the form. therefore you are not entitled to any form of refund or anything really

since you don't seem to know anything about the process, i think it would have taken quite some time for the shop assistant to get you up to speed on everything. it's not their job to tell you everything you could ever possibly need to know before you sign the form. you have a responsibility to know what you're signing before you sign it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ana_conlon

like I said I take responsibility for not realizing it was a contract.....its other stuff like the price plan they screwed me on I was given the wrong information in the shop and mislead ........over all I’m not happy with my O2 services and I feel im entitled to say that.........and I also feel that I should be able to escape them if I’m not happy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

If your not happy with the price plan your on, im nearly sure you can change the price plan to another one after something like 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    If your not happy with the price plan your on, im nearly sure you can change the price plan to another one after something like 3 months.

you can drop after 6 months. you can go up at any time
    ana_conlon wrote: »
    like I said I take responsibility for not realizing it was a contract.....its other stuff like the price plan they screwed me on I was given the wrong information in the shop and mislead ........over all I’m not happy with my O2 services and I feel im entitled to say that.........and I also feel that I should be able to escape them if I’m not happy...
    if people could escape contracts after signing them because they didn't feel like abiding by the terms they wouldn't really be contracts, they'd be pointless pieces of paper

what information were you given that was wrong? what would you like in a price plan and i might be able to steer you to a better one

Advertisement