Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of research

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello there,

I am doing a project at the moment for a class I have in college and was wanting to do a bit of research just so I could have something to add to it...

Basically, my project is a website which sells all rural equipment in one place. So, on the website there would be mobile phones, radios, cameras etc. as well as the obvious farm supplies available. My questions to you all are this:
    • If there was such a service would you use it?
    • Also, what products would you look for on it?
    • And finally, if any of you would have a few minutes to spare, would you mind if I contacted you in the future in relation to the website.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

all rural equipment in one place. .....mobile phones, radios, cameras etc. as well as the obvious farm supplies available.

i find that humourous, when did mobile phones and cameras become "rural equipment"?

I see one drawback to this type of thing: delivery. Most of the items would be bulky eg. fertilisers/feed stuffs etc If this is to be a centralised type of enterprice then it would be impractical unless people were buying in bulk to offset the cost of transport.

The only way that i see this working would be if your site was linked to say glanbia or any such company with many outlets. It could be useful for ordering out of hours etc.

thats my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

There is such a service and I do use it.

It's called Buy and Sell

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Why not do it all online. Have a virtual shp so to speak. That would be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

A major drawback is the lack of Broadband penetration into rural Ireland. If you had a dial-up connection would you shop online ... or do anything online??

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

have done so

• Advertisement
Advertisement