Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone think King has a future?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Dissappointing and suprising to see,kinda sums up the attitude in our squad at the moment though.Even Ledders is acting like a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Its obvious to anyone that Ledley is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Certainly won't feature any more this season:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/ledleyupdate030408.html
    Early qualification for Europe has enabled the Club and Ledley King to make further plans for the management of his recovery from injury.

As a result of this, Ledley will not feature in the final six fixtures of this season.

"My knee is actually feeling good at the moment and there is no inflammation, but we have to look at the bigger picture and accept that this is an ideal point in time to recover further, get best advice and make sure that I come back fitter," said Ledley.

"They are six games I could well have taken part in, but we all believe this is worth doing for the longer term benefit."

Prelude to retirement IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

yap he is he will go to some camp club next sasson on loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I have been saying it for about a year now - King is finished, they tried to cover it up saying he was "getting back to fitness" He never will, he can't he's Knee is fecked. I think this proves once and for all the BS they were feeding us (have a feeling it was something to do with insurance or contracts)

I think everyone knew it, they just could bring themselves to agree with me - I still have a problem with it myself, he was our best CB. But he is going to go and we have to move on. CB in the summer.

I feel sorry for him now, he is obviously depressed, who wouldn't be, career over at 27 - well lets face it, it was really 25, he has been injured the last 2 seasons - Spurs as a club tried to help him, they really did, but in the end, the injury has won. I don't think he will go anywhere else, I think if he could play football, there is only one club he would play for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Is a guy not entitled to a couple of scoops now and again. I have come out of many a nightclub in that state on a Sat night as i'm sure most of you have and still been right as rain for work on monday. It's not like he has a craic habit and to be in that messy a state in a trendy club an estimated guess would be he was on the non-fattening spirits. You have all been male victims of the Britney Spears phenomena, suprised they didn't show a picture of his gash. One picture says a thousand words.....of interpretation.

In reguards to the injury, surely if they thought he would never get fit he would be realeased. Whats the point in paying his wages (i know they have to pay him off) when they could just bring in someone else or put a decent youngster in to his position instead of occasionly putting Zokora there when needed.

Come on Kingers....

Is a guy not entitled to a couple of scoops now and again. I have come out of many a nightclub in that state on a Sat night as i'm sure most of you have and still been right as rain for work on monday. It's not like he has a craic habit and to be in that messy a state in a trendy club an estimated guess would be he was on the non-fattening spirits. You have all been male victims of the Britney Spears phenomena, suprised they didn't show a picture of his gash. One picture says a thousand words.....of interpretation.

As an athlete he should be more professional in his approach to his recovery from long term injury, it's one thing to celebrate a cup win, totally another to be legless a couple of weeks later.

It should also be pointed out that he's not setting a very good example as captain to our serial party-goers like Huddlestone and Lennon, both of whom could do with a little less time spent in Faces.

More importantly, Mr Ramos will not be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

It should also be pointed out that he's not setting a very good example as captain to our serial party-goers like Huddlestone and Lennon, both of whom could do with a little less time spent in Faces.

Agree Ronan absolutely mindless behaviour. Makes you wonder why we so much to watch.

Ah f... it!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

we are right to rest king for next year if he was finished he would not have played in the c/c final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have a feeling he might be back next season. Dont ask me why because originally I thought he was finished, but there's something inside me which says he'll be back and he'll captain us to more silverware.

As for that paper article, not nice to see him acting the twat as he did, while we witness pathetic performances like last Sunday. And as mentioned above, he's club captain and should be leading by example. Id doubt we'd see any other top clubs captain behaving the same if he was recovering from injury.

Advertisement