Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organic veg in Drogheda

Options
  • 03-04-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i could get some nice cheap, fresh organic vegtables in the drogheda area?
    Ive tried the market but none of the sellers i seen seem to provide organic!
    Many Thanx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

There are only 3 places I know of, Dunnes Stores in Scotch Hall and SuperValu in Stockwell St. Dunnes has a better selection though it varies - sometimes there is a nice range of fruit and veg sometimes very little, it's just at the side of the vegetable section on the way down to the deli counter.

Lidl up near Woodies and Mothercare does a small range of Organic stuff too.

Not sure about 'cheap' though, I think 'cheap' and 'organic' is maybe a bit too much to ask.

HTH If anyone gets organic anywhere else I'd like to know as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Thanx very much!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Aldi and Lidl sell organic fruit & veg which isn't overly expensive (though more expensive than their regular fruit & veg).

For organic veg with muck still on (!), try the farmer's market at Sonairte, between Julianstown and Laytown - think it's Sunday mornings.

Thanx for that! Ill give Sonairte a try!! Something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

You pay extra for the muck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Thanx for that! Ill give Sonairte a try!! Something different!

Every second Sunday and there's also the farm shop Lis-Maura on the coast road in to Bettystown from Laytown direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

There was a lady advertising in the Drogheda Indo last week, she delivers to your door. I'll pass on the info later when I drag the paper out of somewhere.

Ah thank you that would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MissE

Have you tried Sonairte - The Ecology Centre in Laytown, they have an organic garden and as far as I am aware you can buy direct. Worth a try.:)

Thanx a lot! The Farmers Market is on this sun 27th of April so ill def pop out! Cheers everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mastergreener

Since 2008, last post on this. Has anyone found out a good way to get Organic produce at reasonable prices?

Lidl, Aldi, Tesco, Dunnes are crap and you aren't guaranteed that they will have any organic stuff. I need a reliable source that is reasonable. Someone out there must have found a few gems.

Thanks,
    Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

I have no idea of the quality, but there is a green grocer set up in the Drogheda Town Centre (opposite the flower shop) who might have organic produce.
    Couldn't hurt to pop in and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mastergreener

Thanks. I will check it out. If anyone else knows of anywhere else please post.

Karl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Lidl and tesco are good, tesco are after increasing their organic range

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

TG860 wrote: »
    I have no idea of the quality, but there is a green grocer set up in the Drogheda Town Centre (opposite the flower shop) who might have organic produce.
    Couldn't hurt to pop in and ask.

The quality and price of produce in the town centre shop is excellent. Not too sure if they do much organic stuff though, must check the next time I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

They guy in the town centre is Paul who used to have 'Pauls Stall' in the market.

There is a veg stall on a Friday in the little market on West St, they are usually somewhere between Ulster Bank and Tesco, they sell really good veg, I think it is mostly organic but its not cheap. They also sell unusual fruit and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I see a new fruit and veg store opened on Peter Street, next door to egans off-licence.

Not sure if it sells organic or not, but you could pop in for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Right, another 3 years on and i just moved in Drogheda-is there any more places where I could buy organic or at least Irish produced fruit & veg? Thx

Ok so, found those guys and they deliver to Drogheda

http://iloveorganic.ie

Super happy with the prices and quality after the first delivery :) still would prefer to go to the shop but can't complain over all

Ok so, found those guys and they deliver to Drogheda

http://iloveorganic.ie

Super happy with the prices and quality after the first delivery :) still would prefer to go to the shop but can't complain over all

• Advertisement
Advertisement