Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New stadium - just a short move away?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

From Topspurs
    3rd April 2008 – The New Spurs stadium/Grand National

I heard a little whisper the other day about the plans for the new Spurs stadium and it seems that Spurs are going to keep it in the area with some sort of expansion or move slightly northwards to the area which currently has the Wingate Trading estate on it (see map)
    The word was for two options – either a realistic 55k stadium or for a larger probably 60k plus to accommodate that ever so large and real season ticket waiting list
    In one respect its good that the fourth Spurs stadium move will be in the area and much like all of the previous three but equally the transportation issues are going to be even worse with greater car volumes
    No info on what Spurs are to do with the site of the current ground but at least it should remain a viable during the construction phase of the new stadium and not mean a couple of years at West Ham
    While hearing about the Stadium, it was also confirmed what we can all see with our eyes that Ramos does not fancy Keane and is open to offers in the summer, which if you factor in the likelihood of Berbatov finding somewhere to accommodate his ego and Defoe already gone leaves Spurs down to the bare bones of Bent, a load of Spanish links and a manager that does not tend to stick around very long.

Click on the following link to see the map http://www.topspurs.com/jmdview.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Strong rumours I'm hearing, as far as planning applications either gone in or about to go in. Co-owner of the Bill Nic is the source, via noodles on FTL.

Also heard by Trust board members.

What will complicate matters is our ability to secure finance in the current economic climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

We are tottenham, super tottenham
    we are tottenham, from... Wingate Trading Estate...

nah, doesnt have a ring to it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ditpoker wrote: »
    We are tottenham, super tottenham
    we are tottenham, from... Wingate Trading Estate...

nah, doesnt have a ring to it:(

I'll miss the old girl if this happens, but the existing ground lies well east of White Hart Lane, and is surrounded by the High Rd, Paxton Road, Worcester Ave and Park Lane.

The proposed site would be closer to All Hallows Church (where the club was formed by students at the bible class there) and also Northumberland Park where we played before moving to the existing site.

Plus I'll have a shorter walk from the Coach and Horses...:D

What will worry me is how they name the stands, and what will be done with Bill Nicholson Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Let the voting commence for the names of the stands. Obviously the Steffan Freund stand is a shoe in. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

We have to have the Paolo Tremazanni stand aswell ...

also, i can't quite believe that he will be looking to get rid of Keano,probably one of our more consistent players over the years ... just can't see him going

• Advertisement
Advertisement