Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach Idol

Options
  • 03-04-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Right I'm going to give in to reality tv. Instead of FF going into a smokey room and slapping each other on the back and then we get Biffo as the new man to lead us into the recession. I've a much better idea. Taoiseach Idol.

The rules, you've got to be a TD or can name a TD willing to step down so you can win the by-election. To be held during the summer recess which should be starting shortly. All candidates have to go in front of a 3 person panel where all aspects of thier lives including financial iregularities(if any) will be trashed out. Now in the best interests of democracy the people can text in their votes(first past the post, none of that fancy pr stuff) for 50 cent per vote. In true FF style, the more money you have the more you can vote. One candidate will be voted off every week where they can retire to the less popular Tanaiste Idol or Finance Minister Idol.

Now onto the panel, I was thinking Eamon Dunphy, Kevin Myers and David McWilliams(who'll be able to sort out the financial stuff) Of course we reserve the right to use a celebrity guest judge such as Jackie Healy-Rae, Dustin, or using psychic powers that are more usually seen on most haunted - Charlie Haughey himself.

Some eye candy will be needed so maybe Kathryn Thomas could be the host. It'll be great, lets face it, it would be better then Celebrity Big Brother or that Celebrity farm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement