Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish teachers, please help:)???

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

right, well basically i done my leaving cert last year, done real well i tought! i got the points to do primary teaching but i did'nt do honours irish!i done pass and am embarresed to say i spent at max an hour studing for it, not because i disliked it but because i had to concentrate on other areas. anyhow i got a c3, but this year im repeating honours irish, didnt look at it up to xmas, but since then im doen a good bit, its goen ok, got my oral next week, friday i think, im prepared decent enough i guess..,, does anybody no anybody else in this position?is there any chance of me getting a c3 in honours?anybody with any tips for the oral out there either? sorry im new to this whole thing:):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

well im doing mine next monday!! im doin LC thou!!

Im banking on rescue remedy!!:)

ah no..im sure you'll be fine..just be able to talk about

tusa
    do chlann
    do phost anois
    an toghchaí
    staid na gaeilge
    cursai reatha

you could even download some free podcasts on itune to listen to orals ah honours level!

go n-eirí an t-ádh leat!!!:) ne questions feel free to pm me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

well im doing mine next monday!! im doin LC thou!!

Im banking on rescue remedy!!:)

ah no..im sure you'll be fine..just be able to talk about

tusa
    do chlann
    do phost anois
    an toghchaí
    staid na gaeilge
    cursai reatha

you could even download some free podcasts on itune to listen to orals ah honours level!

go n-eirí an t-ádh leat!!!:) ne questions feel free to pm me!!

well.. u have to lead the conversation ... for example

after talkin about your family u could end it like this ... bheul is aoibhinn liom mo chlann ach uaireanta ta me agus mo dethair ag trid ach ansin teim agus mo chairde go dti an bhaile.. is aoibhinn liom an bhaile.. and now ur off talking about ur town u see what i mean.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wonder101

thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated!:) but what are my chances of getting an honour, seriously?:) yeah im pritty well prepared on most of that, im dreading this whole thing though, help!:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Weasel

Ya, id say its defo possible- as long as your prepared to work.. I think that for a C3, if you do a decent oral you should be ok. The written paper to an extent is a memory test. My advice would be to write a few model essays on versatile topics- racisim, the third world/ poverty etc and learn them as best you can (make sure you understand what your learning though)- or at least learn useful vocab- paper 1 is a handy area to pick up marks so practice a few comprehnsions too..:)

Advertisement