Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A doggy tale

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭

I let a malteaser roll under the sofa last week and my dog for what seemed like hrs tried every move imaginable to try and get it out ,unsuccessfully .I thought he had forgot about it but i came home last night and there he was, like a car machanic stretched out with his nose half under the sofa and a paw endlessy trying to get at this malteaser .This dog was going to have this choc whatever it took .So after an hr of this and to save his frustration + my irritation i lifted it up and gave him the choc .

But i learned one thing about dogs

1. they never forget

2. they never give up .

Heven help any kitten the gets stuck under my sofa :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

thats funny - sounds like my house
    God they'd go to any lenghts for a week old maltester ( no I don't vacuum under the sofa often ! ) yet bowl of dog food is left to rot !

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

:D:D

Isn't chocolate bad for doggies though?

My little cat Milly is v. similar. She has a little purple ball that is constantly getting stuck under the sofa and there she will be, nose and paws crammed underneath, FOREVER, trying to get it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Amazing what you find under the ol sofa when you reluctantly have to pull it out .I found my uniball pen which was on my missing list as well as a 10p coin, a half stale buscuit and an old shopping list .

Maybe the dog with his strong smell was after the biscuit as well :)
    MsFifers wrote: »
    :D:D
    Isn't chocolate bad for doggies though?

My little cat Milly is v. similar. She has a little purple ball that is constantly getting stuck under the sofa and there she will be, nose and paws crammed underneath, FOREVER, trying to get it out!

Yes and it's just as well i dont drop to many chocs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

My old beagle kidnapped an entire christmas sized bag of malteasters and brought them behind the couch - growled at us when we tried to take them off him..

Poor guy had a stomach ache for 2 days - lucky they didn't kill him!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Crannog

BF loves Cadbury Crunchie and as a Christmas Pressie stocking filler I bought a king sized one and wrapped it in several layers of bubble wrap and then several layers of Christmas wrapping paper and placed under the other pressies under the tree.

Christmas morning it took a little while to figure out what had happened. Our wily border collie had smelled the irresisible chocy and opened the kitchen door (which he had never managed to open before). The game was up when we found the bubble wrap in his bed.

We were in stiches so could only pretend to be cross.

He suffered no ill effects from the Crunchie, and even showed interest in the turkey later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Our old jack russel, Sheedy at a whole butlers easter egg to himself. I'm not talking about a normal easter egg! This thing was massive!! There wasn't a bother on him though! Some dogs just have much stronger stomachs.

Advertisement