Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplins

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Have some vouchers for Maplins and spotted something on their UK website for £129.99 which roughly converts to €170. Wasted my lunchtime walking down to their Dublin store to find they were charging €229 for the same item ..Grrr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Surely by now, given all the threads on this kind of topic, people realise that there can be significant differences between pricing in Euro and Sterling (due to overheads, VAT etc).

It's extremely annoying, espcially given the value of the Euro against Sterling at the moment, but vote with your feet and make your feelings known to the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Some stores have lower prices on their website than in their stores. Would Maplins be one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I did vote with my feet. I just wanted to point it out and vent my anger.

Advertisement