Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to the new Wolfenstein Game ?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Wasn't there supposed to be a new one developed for the 360 ?
    Anyone know what happened to it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Never heard anything about it. Might of been a version of Enemy Territory or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No it's a full new game Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CP4X05z3gQ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

iirc, it got canned about half way through development. They already have the multiplayer component half built, and it became Enemy Territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pixelburp wrote: »
    iirc, it got canned about half way through development. They already have the multiplayer component half built, and it became Enemy Territory.
    Do you mean Quake Wars: ET or Wolf: ET?

If the latter, that wasn't gonna be RTCW2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Splash damage announced they working on RTCW for 360, been nowt about since the original announcment, they hiring so guess its still going ahead.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I hope they manage to port this to Linux when it comes out.
    I still play RTCW and Wolf 3d sometimes, so this is a nice development.
    I hope id aren't going the route epic is taking with regard to PC gaming...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kaimera wrote: »
    Do you mean Quake Wars: ET or Wolf: ET?

If the latter, that wasn't gonna be RTCW2
    Yeah I meant Wolf: ET. It was going to be something though, an expansion pack perhaps? It does make me nostalgic for the RTCW Multiplayer tho', that was a lot of fun in it's day. Ahhhhh the many joys and tears caused by that flamethrower.

Advertisement