Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muesli without milk

• 03-04-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I can't find anything online about it, but it's my understand that muesli (at least good quality muesli) tastes the same regardless of whether it's served with milk or with water. Is this true? I'm lactose intolerant and find soy milk kinda meh, but I'd like to start eating muesli for breakfast as an alternative to my usual meal (2 times a week, perhaps). What about apple juice, or is that as disgusting as I suspect it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Well the only way to find out is to try it and see whether you like it or not!! :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deirdre2008

I use the Alpen no sugar muesli with just water and its grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Soak your muesli in water, and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before you eat it: it goes all sort and dessert-like. In fact, in Switzerland, this is topped with cream and sold as a dessert called Bircher muesli.

EileenG wrote: »
    Soak your muesli in water, and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before you eat it: it goes all sort and dessert-like. In fact, in Switzerland, this is topped with cream and sold as a dessert called Bircher muesli.

This is on my to do list now.....thanks Eileen.

What type of Soya milk have you tried Corblimey?
    Have you given it much of a chance?
    It is an acquired taste at first, but I think it is much nicer than cows milk when you get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

If you find soy milk too potent you can also try soy yoghurts with the muesli - nice and creamy and you'll feel full for hours afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Moonbaby wrote: »
    What type of Soya milk have you tried Corblimey?
    Have you given it much of a chance?
    Yeah, probably not. I don't eat anything these days that requires milk and so when I tried muesli last time I went on a health kick, I tried soy milk but just couldn't abide it.

My other problem is that I might end up having muesli only once a week or less, and so any milk or yoghurt products I buy could go out of date. Least the tap in my kitchen doesn't have a best before date :)
    Well the only way to find out is to try it and see whether you like it or not!!
    How is that helpful??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

corblimey wrote: »

How is that helpful??? :confused:
    Yea sorry, I think it's just the way you phrased the op made it seem like your question was 'is muesli with water nice?', rather than asking for suggestions as to other alternatives also. You said you 'heard' it tastes the same and wondered was it true...and I was just saying surely the only practical way of finding that out is to taste it rather than go by opinions!!
    I wasn't meaning to be mean :p

But yes, muesli is so nice. I only eat it with regular milk but have had it with soy milk also and found it to be almost as nice...but not quite. Apple juice though sounds kinda disgusting to me.

Advertisement