Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ut3

Options
  • 03-04-2008 2:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just started playing this for a little bit and am going to acquire it...
    Tried to play online last night in a net cafe, what the hell is the console button? i couldn't find it to enter Ip's, heh. Was going to try the UIE ones from some guys sig.

What Irish servers are there around? What is played? Any instagib? Quite partial to it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think the console button is tab, iirc. I tried UT3 but I hated it :( Will give it another go when my shiny new graphics card arrives.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tried tab, shift, tilde etc, wasn't working! I did change my controls to my own actually, must have fecked it up.

I don't like it when there are lots of vehicles etc, like deathmatch etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Still no Linux client:mad:
    Works ok in windows though.
    Besides, UT99 ftw!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was having a chat with a friend about UT3 the other night - we came to the conclusion that people don't seem to like it too much cause it's a reasonably fast game and people have slowed down a bit with more "tactical" games in recent years like CS or BF or COD. It's not a criticism of those games, just an observation.

We both found it comparible to QW actually...

I finished the single player of it there the other day, was grand I suppose, but waiting for new BB connection in new flat to get playing online.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pff slow games, I like the pure speed of instagib. :p

The enforcers are also way better which I like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yes! I'm quite partial to a bitta insta-gib myself and am much happier with the enforcer now - you can actually kill people with it! :)

I hated it because it ran like sh1te on my poor old 7800gtx :) I don't like the new reincarnation of Onslaught much either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I bought it because it had a hover board ............ I pretended I was Marty McFly for a while and then moved on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<3 instagib

*huggles UT3*

The other game types, however, do nothing for me. And I absolutely detest the vehicles, particularly the way they handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I have it but I rarely play it. Partly because I ****ing hate the vehicles in it also because I suck major balls and get annihilated in every server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pff slow games, I like the pure speed of instagib. :p

QFT!

I've kept putting UT3 on the backburner while I focus on other games... Was just about to play it the other week but decided to start playing WoW again instead. Gonna be another while before I get around to playing it!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

going to buy a copy but my good machine only has a 256 mb graphics card so it meets basic requirements to run it ( though the loading screens will be about 5 mins long :mad: )

my 256mb card passed fine in the recommended on canyourunit.

w00t, new 8800GT came in the post today. UT3 will get another chance this evening :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its no UT2k4 tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

as far as i know the console button is @ or shift + @. i know, its dumb.
    its a decent enough game but i aint been too bothered with it. i used to love instagib back in the day but as soon as you really start playing a game it becomes quite grating after a while. tbh tho, there is this sense of "seen it, done it" with UT3 and for wat i want to do with a DM game like that i can do better in Quake 3. its still interesting tho but my motivation to "get good" at it just isnt there.

btw, UIE have a few servers up i think:

UIE1 - WAR [UT3] 193.120.201.51:7777
    UIE2 - CTF [UT3] 193.120.200.50:7777
    UIE3 - DM [UT3] 193.120.200.50:7666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

The game was buggy as hell on release and after a few patches still remains totally buggy and frustrating.. at its core is a decent game, but I lost patience with it. More people play the original UT99 than this game, that says a lot.

Tried it again last night. Big festival of meh. Didn't seem to be a whole lot of players online either.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Is there any decent online deathmatch game with a decent amount of players left?

Since the 1v1 hardcore deathmatch scene has lost its appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just started playing this for a little bit and am going to acquire it...
    Tried to play online last night in a net cafe, what the hell is the console button? i couldn't find it to enter Ip's, heh. Was going to try the UIE ones from some guys sig.

What Irish servers are there around? What is played? Any instagib? Quite partial to it!
    f10 is the console button
    Kharn wrote: »
    I was having a chat with a friend about UT3 the other night - we came to the conclusion that people don't seem to like it too much cause it's a reasonably fast game and people have slowed down a bit with more "tactical" games in recent years like CS or BF or COD. It's not a criticism of those games, just an observation.

We both found it comparible to QW actually...

I finished the single player of it there the other day, was grand I suppose, but waiting for new BB connection in new flat to get playing online.

LOL FAST?! compared to ut2k4, its like wading through quicksand imo. It's not a bad game once you get used to it, and learn to use rockets :D

• Advertisement

I loved UT2004's onslaught. Might reinstall it for the laugh. Are there many players left still on 2004?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

www.unreal.ie

Still a decent amount of UT2k4 players alive and kicking, UT2k4 rebirth! its like UT3 but good! Everyone go to Unreal.ie now and get on the servers Go Go Go!

Jazzy wrote: »
    as far as i know the console button is @ or shift + @. i know, its dumb.
    its a decent enough game but i aint been too bothered with it. i used to love instagib back in the day but as soon as you really start playing a game it becomes quite grating after a while. tbh tho, there is this sense of "seen it, done it" with UT3 and for wat i want to do with a DM game like that i can do better in Quake 3. its still interesting tho but my motivation to "get good" at it just isnt there.

btw, UIE have a few servers up i think:

UIE1 - WAR [UT3] 193.120.201.51:7777
    UIE2 - CTF [UT3] 193.120.200.50:7777
    UIE3 - DM [UT3] 193.120.200.50:7666
    f10 is the console button

LOL FAST?! compared to ut2k4, its like wading through quicksand imo. It's not a bad game once you get used to it, and learn to use rockets :D
    conzymaher wrote: »
    www.unreal.ie

Still a decent amount of UT2k4 players alive and kicking, UT2k4 rebirth! its like UT3 but good! Everyone go to Unreal.ie now and get on the servers Go Go Go!

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

More people play 2004 than 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Buggy, Slow (relative to 2K4), Warfare was supposed to be huge but ended up with smaller/simpler/dumbed down maps compared to ONS, overpowered relatively silent vehicles, underpowered/less accurate shock (prob. just worse netcode) and worst of all Epic have done everything conceivable to jettison the PC market (Mark Rein, Cliffy B and Tim Sweeney have all blamed the death of the PC game market for their failure, they cant just own up and admit it was a half baked turkey). It's a dumbed down/less-skill-required poor cousin to the previous games.
    Online numbers are pitiful, less than 2K4 and with the banning of anyone that dares be critical on their forums personally I've sworn off ever buying anything from Epic again (and I was looking forward to GoW after getting an Xbox 360).

This coming from someone who played 2K4 religiously since the demo (And loved every iteration of Unreal since the very first).

Advertisement