Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking a lightbox image

Options
  • 03-04-2008 2:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, using lightbox to display a number of images with the usual prev,next buttons and close buttons to scroll through the images.

Im wondering is it possible to somehow link each image to a url? Was looking at putting the url in the caption space under the image but cant figure out the code to make it work as there is already a link to the image within that line of code.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You mean you're looking to make each image URL visible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You mean you're looking to make each image URL visible?

No i mean on my webpage when you click on the thumbnail and the lightbox opens up i want you then to be able to click on the caption text which would be a url and clicking on that woul bring you to a specfic url.

Each image i have at the minute is a logo for a website but the ligthbox image is an image of the homepage of that website - i then want the use to be able to click that homepage image and go there - or have the clickable url in the caption area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Looking at the Lightbox source script it looks like it doesn't support it by default, so you may need to hack your own version of it to wrap HTML anchor tags around the title text of the image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pres

not sure if this is what you mean but dynamic drive have a new lightbox that allows your description to be a url: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm
    Hope that helps
    P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thats exactly what i was looking for Pres, cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement