Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite weapon?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm also meh on the Luger. The 1911 in its modernised and customised forms is an enormously priced pistol in modern centrefire competition, and that's a huge commendation, just short of a century later.

I'm a big fan of the SMLE, personally. Would love to get my mitts on one at some point. One for the future though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah now for pure aesthetic Beauty I'd rate this baby up there as one of the mankinds finest moments, that wing profile just gives me goosebumps.

also I was at some Airshow years ago (may have been Duxford, but memories are abit fuzzy) and I had the rare privelage of hearing what it would have sounded like to be divebombed by one of these (obviously minus the actual exploding firey death part as that can affect ticket sales over a 3 day event :D)

the real meaning of the word Awesome.

the fvckin sound made by the 'trumpets of Jericho' is absolutley terifying and at the same time exhilirating, you could see how it would affect morale on both sides of the front

Ju_87_diving.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I love these things aswell, ugly little brutes but typically German.

viewimg.html?id=42&code=funeng

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

kowloon wrote: »
    The Suomi, a handful of these, some skiis and flashlights, good times were had by all.
    suomi_01.jpg

what a stupid comment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

what a stupid comment

I don't think so, I thought it was an obviously sarcastic comment referring to the brutal, and improvised, small scale actions fought by the Finns.
    All in a thread about ones favorite weapon. Take it in context man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

@ Return guide,

Keep it civil, if that's going to be your style of contribution we will have to manage without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

kowloon wrote: »
    I don't think so, I thought it was an obviously sarcastic comment referring to the brutal, and improvised, small scale actions fought by the Finns.
    All in a thread about ones favorite weapon. Take it in context man!

Apologies to all.

Owen gun was a good, though strange looking sub-machine gun used right thru to Veitnam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

you will just never beat the thompson!! looks unreal and with a drum magazine shes just built for the kill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

The HEDGEHOG.

This was used by surface ships to throw multiple projectiles about 250 yards in front of a submarine. It never beat the depth charge but it didn't half give the Germans a headache during an attack. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    The HEDGEHOG.

This was used by surface ships to throw multiple projectiles about 250 yards in front of a submarine. It never beat the depth charge but it didn't half give the Germans a headache during an attack. :)

It narrowed the area of attack for ships as well as the exploding hedgehog charges would show where the sub was. The Brits and the Canadians got pretty good at destroying subs after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I love the Springfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

Vickers Wellington
    fa350_wellington_500.jpg
    Brilliant Design,I think it looks deadly too also my Great Uncle was KIA in one flying a mission off Malta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Advertisement