Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cost of a 20 min video? where to go?

• 03-04-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi,
    I work for a small company and we need a 20 minuite video made for our website.
    I havent a clue of what company to approach and how much this sort of thing costs.
    I imagine there are 2 morning seesions of shooting and a couple of days editing if you werre a proffessional - I dable with my hd camera and editing at home but i am slow at editing and have a poor eye for it so would be better off getting someone in the trade to do it for me.
    Any advice appreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Germain

There are many companies to choose from.
    They vary from small one man operations to bigger companies that mainly do TV programmes.
    Agtel and Animo (Windmill lane) would be among the bigger ones - doing TV etc. Dillon productions and The Courtyard Studio would be smaller but mainly do corporate videos.
    20 mins does seem quite long for a video on a website. Is it instructional or technical. If it's just promoting your company, I'd be looking at 1 to 2 minutes - that's the most you could expect an internet user to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

list of post houses here...

As Germain said 20mins does seem way too much for the web, in my experience corporate video tend to run to a max of 5-7min... max! any more and you'll lose peoples interest...

In terms of where to go, well that would depend on your budget. You could spend anything from 2k to 10k on editing alone, for the shoot - you'd need someone to direct it, a camera man, and possible a sound guy - depending on the shoot and locations etc. You may need to hire lights - but good camera people tend to have their own. Some of the smaller post houses or porduction companies with inhouse editing facilities may give you better value for money and they may help somewhat on the scripting, source a crew and may provide someone to direct it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

my company does this sort of thing..
    drop me a PM if youd like to discuss it..
    cheers.

Advertisement