Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dodgy dealer?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Whats the chances of this,06' car,65K. Got a set of front pads last servis,12K ago. Dealer phones me and says I need new pads,I explain I got pads the last servis,they last for at least 22-25K. He gets back to me and says,I also need discs. New discs after 65K?,pads not let to wear down to much, and on it's third set already. I rekon the cnut was pulling a fast one. I got royally screwed the last servis,€700 it cost for servis,front and back pads and 'sundries'.Even though it's a working car,I don't do huge milage,approx 12K since last november and I dont let pads go untill there down to metal so I cant possibly see how,after 65K,their worn down. I may be overly paranoid where this dealer is concerned,mainly because he didn't notice I had got pads the last servis untill I pointed it out to him,and I suspect the 'need new discs' is a cover. I only go to them because the car is under warrenty and tbh I don't know any other mechanics. I told him to just do the basic servis,I'll get the brakes checked by someone else. I hate the fact that I can't trust this crowd. What do you think,is he trying to pull as fast one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I'd be surprised to get more than 60k out of a set of front disks. And I'm only getting 15k out of a set of Ferodo pads on the front too, and about 18-20k on the rears.

The fact is (and I'm sure you know this yourself of course) that brake consumables should ALWAYS be replaced BEFORE they've worn out or suffer a significant reduction in performance. With the kind of mileage you're doing, I'd have thought you'd need to swap those disks around now....no?

Go to another garage Tom. If you don't trust them, why go back there and torment yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the car is 06 so in kilometres.

This car is also a taxi, isn't it. so will be doing a lot of stop-start driving. it's also a Ssanyong Rodius automatic, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

if it is that then im not suprised

1. Its a heavy bus, lota break work to stop it

2. Its an auto, meaning no engine braking which means for more stress on your brakes

3. taxi? stop-start constant use of brakes

Advertisement