Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissatisfaction with project manager...whats the best approach?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    During development of phase 1 of my site, I was quite dissatisfied with the project manager that was given our project. For future releases I'd prefer if this guy was not the project manager, but I don't want to make enemies with the development team because they are overall quite good. I'm worried that if I tell them I don't to work with this guy any more, it will become a lot harder to deal with them overall, especially if they have no choice but to leave him assigned to our account.

What would be the best approach to this?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Hello,

If you have a good reasons for requesting a new project manager to handle your account, then you should do so. You're well within your right as a paying customer.

I presume you dealt with a sales person within the company before you were assigned your project manager? I would start with that person and express your concerns. More than likely they'll assign you a new project manager and that would be it. I doubt if it would affect your relationship with the dev team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

Note down what went right (you say they are quiet good and you are thinking of using them again) and and what went wrong. Try not to focus to much on personality, unless of course he acted in unprofessional manner.

Next time you come to ask for work, say you would like to go over last project and cover lessons learned. This will give you opportunity to talk about what the issues were

Advertisement