Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

typical pricing for Dreamweaver courses in Ireland

Options
  • 03-04-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

What are typical prices for dreamweaver courses in Ireland?
    We are developing a 2-day core skills course and a 1-day advanced course.
    Thanks

edit: pitman charge 395 for a 2-day course; Big Wave Media Training charge 695 for 2-day course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i'd have to agree with winters... give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish feed him for life and all that..

edit: WTF? there was a post before mine which just disappeared!

dreamweaver is very handing for editing code and putting quick, very basic sites together, but it's crucial you know html and css before you go near dreamweaver.

that said, we actually used dreamweaver in college before we did html or css so i guess it's a good starting point for the not so tech savvy users.

regarding teaching yourself with online turorials etc.., it requires tremendous patience and self discipline to do that. If you're not getting paid to do it either, there's little chance of employees doing it in their own time.

Lets face it, if you don't know basic html/css you're obviously not too passionate about web design so shelling out for some 'spoon feeding' courses might be a good move as you may get some people who take an interest in it and continue on learning/practicing themselves.

Can't comment on the prices though.. have no idea what the going rate is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

smemon wrote: »
    i'd have to agree with winters... give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish feed him for life and all that..

edit: WTF? there was a post before mine which just disappeared!

dreamweaver is very handing for editing code and putting quick, very basic sites together, but it's crucial you know html and css before you go near dreamweaver.

that said, we actually used dreamweaver in college before we did html or css so i guess it's a good starting point for the not so tech savvy users.

regarding teaching yourself with online turorials etc.., it requires tremendous patience and self discipline to do that. If you're not getting paid to do it either, there's little chance of employees doing it in their own time.

Lets face it, if you don't know basic html/css you're obviously not too passionate about web design so shelling out for some 'spoon feeding' courses might be a good move as you may get some people who take an interest in it and continue on learning/practicing themselves.

Can't comment on the prices though.. have no idea what the going rate is.
    huh? This has no relevance whatsoever to my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

pwd wrote: »
    huh? This has no relevance whatsoever to my post.

It was a direct reply to 'winter's' post which mysteriously got deleted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Most people who post here asking about information for attending web design/development courses, are usually advised to learn online/read a book, instead of attending 'spoon feeding' courses. While this might suit most people, some people prefer the classroom environment. If I were interested in learning a new technology, I'd always opt for doing an introductory course, and take it from there myself. I feel I learn more in a shorter space of time, and motivation isn't a problem, especially after a 9 - 5.

Pwd, sorry for hijacking your thread. I guess what Pitman are charging would be a fair rate for a 2 day course, - although they have been around for a while and are well known. Are you planning on targeting companies or individuals? How many per class and what are you offering (print material/books)?

It's primarily an internal course for staff in a university, but external people will also be able to do it. We'll provide all attendees with a copy of O'Reilly's Dynamic Learning book for Dreamweaver CS3.

• Advertisement

smemon wrote: »
    It was a direct reply to 'winter's' post which mysteriously got deleted :p
    ah. He probably realised he was posting off-topic and deleted it :)

Advertisement