Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Review New Website

• 03-04-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Here is the Link to the New Garda Review Website, designed for all members. http://www.gardareview.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Link added to the "Emergency Services Links" sticky.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

m4j wrote: »
    Here is the Link to the New Garda Review Website, designed for all members. http://www.gardareview.ie/
    i tried signnig into it but it keeps teling me that my reg number is wrong . heh heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Shows you how much the job think of you opti!!! ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

just make sure the letter in your reg no. is uppercase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

D'oh!!! I thought my P45 was in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

sorted now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

They are running an online vote for members on arming. I would encourage all to actually have a proper say on the subject so it can either be forgotten about or actualy put to the brass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

serving members, why aren't ye using the site?

TheNog wrote: »
    serving members, why aren't ye using the site?

I voted and they quoted me in the recent issue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

15 seconds of fame

• Advertisement

I voted and they quoted me in the recent issue! :D

jeez ye think they could quoted someone with a much better opinion and much more photogenic and good looking, like me!!!!!!!!!!!:p

In all seriousness why isn't the site used more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

I don't suppose they're any way of me (UK officer) registering with them???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

TheNog wrote: »
    In all seriousness why isn't the site used more?

Probably because you have to give your ID to get a login? No thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Somewhat shoddy that the site is vulnerable to a Cross Site Scripting attack. i.e. An attacker could put up a link, where if anyone who had logged onto the site clicked on that link, the attacker could get their login details...

Also, the back issues can be downloaded without logging in.

Personally I find the site pretty poor. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot on there at the moment, maybe tis will change in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Personally I find the site pretty poor. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot on there at the moment, maybe tis will change in time

I'm aware that the Garda Review is available to serving members of the force only. However, is there provision for civilians to publish research articles with specific relevance to policing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

At least it's two steps ahead of the official AGS site.

mc-panda wrote: »
    I'm aware that the Garda Review is available to serving members of the force only. However, is there provision for civilians to publish research articles with specific relevance to policing?

Your asking the wrong man Im afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Ya is it really that top secret they can't put it on general sale?After all,I can go onto that site and read back issues as far as '02!I subscribe to An Cosantoir,could they not have the same set-up with Garda Review!?

• Advertisement

eroo wrote: »
    Ya is it really that top secret they can't put it on general sale?After all,I can go onto that site and read back issues as far as '02!I subscribe to An Cosantoir,could they not have the same set-up with Garda Review!?

Yes colleges and libraries stock it. Dont know how but evidently its available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

How is it possible to read or download back issues without logging in?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭m4j

Hi Remmy,

You can access back dated articles on the GRA site, I think its www.gra.cc and if not try www.gra.ie I dont think they are up to date on with each issue being on PDF.

The Review is not only issued to members. Articles of interest written by the public are considered for publication. Overall its a very good publication with a very professional and committed editor.

Hope this helps in someway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Cheers for that m4!:D

Advertisement