Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re-inflation kits

Options
  • 03-04-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Got one of those re-inflation kit thingys in the new car this week. I've no experience of them whatsoever and the lack of a spare tyre is a worry to me. Does anyone have opinions on them? There is space in the car for a spare so that's not an issue, would you buy a spare to be sure? Are these things any good? I assume the tyre can be repaired afterwards?

(I have AA membership anyway so it's not going to be life or death, but would rather not wait an hour for one of these guys to come out for a flat if it turns out to be useless)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I never used them but have two bottles of tyreweld in the boot just in case.
    Anyway I have breakdown assistance from my insurance company.
    Actually never had a puncture *touches wood likes crazy*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ me neither. I've been on 2 wheels from 1999-2005 and on 4 since then without a single flat/puncture. The Civic doesn't have a spare wheel either, just a bottle of goo and a compressor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Anyone else out there actually used one of these kits yet? Still hoping to get some opinion on whether forking out for a spare is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Stealdo wrote: »
    Anyone else out there actually used one of these kits yet? Still hoping to get some opinion on whether forking out for a spare is worth it.

I'd buy a spacesaver spare wheel, they can't be that much. I've gotten punctures where the tire weld stuff certainly wouldn't have done much good.

Advertisement