Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike lock designs .....

Options
  • 03-04-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/design-a-better-bike-lock.php

Can't imagine that mesh thing working out in Dublin - the scumbags would see it as a challenge :rolleyes:

That cable/seat one looks good but that cable could probably be cut and the seat put back into position easily enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Cable/seat is the only one I could see as a go-er and even then I doubt the advantage over simply attaching a lock to your seatpost or saddle (as I do.) You would have to re-adjust your seat each time, what's the point.

The front wheel idea is nuts, as one of the comments already pointed out. If you are going to have to carry all that weight the last place you want to put it is onto your rotating front wheel.

Not bad ideas in the context of a "one hour design contest" though.

Advertisement