Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

icandy v firstwheels v hauck traxx

Options
  • 03-04-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm due my baby in July so thought I better start looking at some prams. Going to go for a travel sys where I can attach the car seat to the buggy frame. These three (icandy cherry, Firstwheels, hauck traxx marian 4) are the ones I am stuck between, they are all roughly the same price.

If anyone has had any experience with any of these I would appreciate your opinons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

We had a travel system, our experience was that while they seem to be convenient, they are actually quite heavy and bulky.
    They don't stay small very long and when they get too big for the car seat you are back to a bulky buggy.
    Our best buy was a Phil and Teds, does from birth to 4yrs or so and can carry 2 if you go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Never used any of those , but my advice.....

Pick them up one handed , how heavy are they ? The reason I say one handed is there will be a time you are holding baba in one arm and want to pull the buggy up somewhere. ( although you think that you would never dream of doing this :) )

Remember these are going to be man-handled by you in/out of the car constantly.

Get the lightest one you can ( that has the features that you want ).

I have heard horror stories from people with buggies that have ' real ' tyres because they constantly puncture/go flat and are more pain than they are worth.

Advertisement