Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning - A Childish Activity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Article43 wrote: »
    Read my slogan :rolleyes:

I really don't think you coined that phrase yourself.

Good use of the rolleyes though. Well done for that. Seriously. Good job. :D

Are we looking at a determined attempt at a siteban here or does this guy really just believe that he is right in every single situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

Calina wrote: »
    Attach? Attach to what? Is there a supply of velcro in Feedback that I did not know about?

Here's what I really think: you're deluded. I don't care how good at daytrading you are - I really don't - but I do think you lack the capability of interacting effectively with people as evidenced by this thread. And you seem to think that this - somehow - doesn't matter.

I'm going off to read the Charter for Feedback. I may need to refresh my memory of a few details.

Yes Calina - you must do what is best for you, forget about others, as the only person that can think for you - IS YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Read my slogan :rolleyes:
    “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”

so if you know nothing, why exactly are you yammering on here again? Or are you just not wise?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I am now certain that you picked the nick yourself :D

Opposed to your mummy picking yours....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Anyway, my demand stays as posted - I do not back down in the face of attach, I stand my ground and fight, no matter what the outcome, for,
    One man's plight, is another man's glory!
    funny-pictures-civil-disobedience-cat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Article43 wrote:
    Read my slogan

Socrates 470BC - 399BC

You must be very wise so.

Opposed to your mummy picking yours....

In case you are not aware - Article43 is a very important charter in the Irish Constitution - just type it into google - it is what many of our hard pressed ancestors fought for, thru centuries of oppression and torture by a band of pompus, power hungry, upper lipped, fat arsed whimps.:(

In case you are not aware - Article43 is a very important charter in the Irish Constitution - just type it into google - it is what many of our hard pressed ancestors fought for, thru centuries of oppression and torture by a band of pompus, power hungry, upper lipped, fat arsed whimps.:(

I bet they didn't whinge about getting banned from an internet forum. Men were men back in those days right enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Article43 is a very important charter in the Irish Constitution - just type it into google - it is what many of our hard pressed ancestors fought for, thru centuries of oppression and torture by a band of pompus, power hungry, upper lipped, fat arsed whimps.
    Article 43 - Private Property. How ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

actually I got some stuff back about AT&T when I googled Article43, something about lay offs.

but I guess that's not half as exciting.

• Advertisement

Calina wrote: »
    so if you know nothing, why exactly are you yammering on here again? Or are you just not wise?

Calina - I can see from your expression of words that you are a level headed and considerate person.

I am but an individual, who after many years of hard work, many ups and downs, many rights and wrongs, has finally grasped what is required in order to become self sufficient and be in a position to help those that are less fortunate than most.

BUT - and there is always a but, there are very few that attain this level of experience at my relatively modest age, mostly due to the very bad education system that has been put in place throughout the modern world - which btw, has been in place now for many centuries, and if I stay around here a bit longer I will be only too happy to provide you with some factual historical documents to support my views.

I am but an individual, who after many years of hard work, many ups and downs, many rights and wrongs, has finally grasped what is required in order to become self sufficient and be in a position to help those that are less fortunate than most.

That sounds like the intro line to a pyramid scheme speech. Honestly.

Article 43 - Private Property. How ironic.

Please try and give the full facts when you post - thank you.

http://indigo.ie/~imr/consti.htmb

PRIVATE PROPERTY
    Article 43 1.1° The State acknowledges that man, in virtue of his rational being, has the natural right, antecedent to positive law, to the private ownership of external goods.

2° The State accordingly guarantees to pass no law attempting to abolish the right of private ownership or the general right to transfer, bequeath, and inherit property.

2.1° The State recognises, however, that the exercise of the rights mentioned in the foregoing provisions of this Article ought, in civil society, to be regulated by the principles of social justice.
    2° The State, accordingly, may as occasion requires delimit by law the exercise of the said rights with a view to reconciling their exercise with the exigencies of the common good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

'upper lipped' people? Does this mean they have no lower lips, or does it mean that we, the anointed, have no upper lips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Please try and give the full facts when you post - thank you.

http://indigo.ie/~imr/consti.htmb

PRIVATE PROPERTY
    Article 43 1.1° The State acknowledges that man, in virtue of his rational being, has the natural right, antecedent to positive law, to the private ownership of external goods.

2° The State accordingly guarantees to pass no law attempting to abolish the right of private ownership or the general right to transfer, bequeath, and inherit property.

2.1° The State recognises, however, that the exercise of the rights mentioned in the foregoing provisions of this Article ought, in civil society, to be regulated by the principles of social justice.
    2° The State, accordingly, may as occasion requires delimit by law the exercise of the said rights with a view to reconciling their exercise with the exigencies of the common good.
    I mean its ironic that here you are on this privately owned website wanting to throw your weight around and get everything your own way like some kind of latter day Cromwell.

Other than that, I fail to see what relevance your nickname has to absolutely bloody anything.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That sounds like the intro line to a pyramid scheme speech. Honestly.

Sorry - I missed you nick earlier - you are number 3 ;)

Have you ever seen a PS demonstrate live how to control your risk - and tell people not to risk their hard earned money until they have learned what they need to know in order to start - and when they do know enough, control it all themselves and not let others control thier finances.

Yep - sounds like a PS to me - looks like I will need to print out a 100 SQ3R sheets for now :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen a PS demonstrate live how to control your risk - and tell people not to risk their hard earned money until they have learned what they need to know in order to start - and when they do know enough, control it all themselves and not let others control thier finances.

Yes. Yes I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

All of the posters on this thread that stooped to the OP's level with the childish name calling should be ashamed of themselves.

I thought some of the mod's here were meant to have at least an ounce of maturity between them, but alas I was mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

“The only true wisdom belongs to those who know you know nothing.”

marksie 18.30PM - 18.31PM

I mean its ironic that here you are on this privately owned website wanting to throw your weight around and get everything your own way like some kind of latter day Cromwell.

Other than that, I fail to see what relevance your nickname has to absolutely bloody anything.

What you think is of very little use to anyone - why do you guys not post something that people can learn from, instead of just attacking someone because they speak what is on their mind.

Rules - do you not think that we have had enough rules in this country that will last us into the year 2222 - rules are only as good as the people who create them, let an idiot create the rules and you will get idiotic activities.

I will be very surprised if anyone will actually support me here - as very few actually see what is really happening all around them, until it is nearly too late, and then they get about 2-4 years at best.

But let’s see what happens - we must never say NO - as failure is not an option, which is only for weaklings, and it is survival of the fittest, is it not!

• Advertisement

Marksie wrote: »
    “The only true wisdom belongs to those who know you know nothing.”

marksie 18.30PM - 18.31PM

Very well said Maisy :rolleyes:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I bet you were itching to reveal that nugget to everyone. Gosh we all thought it was from a chinese menu.

Honestly, if we had a rating system for sanctimoniousness, you would top it. You seriously compare your petty situation with the struggle for Irish freedom.

If ever a thread deserved cat pictures.

normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Yes. Yes I have.

Please elaborate - that is as about as much use as you telling us you are a professor :D

Hhhmmmmm..... you seem to think this is some free speech thing.

It's not.

If you choose to post on the site then you agree to be bound by the rules of the site. The owners of the site have the freedom to ban you if they feel you are breaking those rules.

If you don't like how the site is run then you don't have to post.

Maximilian wrote: »
    I bet you were itching to reveal that nugget to everyone. Gosh we all thought it was from a chinese menu.

Honestly, if we had a rating system for sanctimoniousness, you would top it. You seriously compare your petty situation with the struggle for Irish freedom.

If ever a thread deserved cat pictures.

normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Now the names are getting a bit longer :confused:

Do we think of Mecico :D or a nose stuck between the two doors of a lift ;)

Please elaborate - that is as about as much use as you telling us you are a professor :D

Humour's obviously not your strong point kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I will be very surprised if anyone will actually support me here - as very few actually see what is really happening all around them, until it is nearly too late, and then they get about 2-4 years at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's not.

If you choose to post on the site then you agree to be bound by the rules of the site. The owners of the site have the freedom to ban you if they feel you are breaking those rules.

O rly?

Why don't you just skip the foreplay and start rounding up Jews into extermination camps. Because this is how it started with the Nazis, history repeating itself.

Yes, the Nazis had Internet forums...
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

Stark wrote: »
    O rly?

Why don't you just skip the foreplay and start rounding up Jews into extermination camps. Because this is how it started with the Nazis, history repeating itself.

Yes, the Nazis had Internet forums...
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

Don't give my plans away you fool!

• Advertisement

It's not.

So they have actually conditiones ye all to think that you can not say what you freely think - just becasue they decide to host a public forum board- what is Ireland becoming, really :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement