Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Poker Kit is Back!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Signed up for this a few months ago and totally forgot about it. Got it in the end.
    Also got vouchers for 6 cans instead of 4. Glass is nice to (although slightly smaller than a pint glass)

ntb for filling out a form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lovely, cheers op:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool, got mine a few weeks ago. :) Going to try for another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Sweet, gonna try get me another with a slightly different name :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i cannot enter the site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ordered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Third time lucky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers op, just collected my last 10 free cans last night. Me and my imaginary housemates really appreciate Guinness sending us all this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Sadly I signed up for it a few months ago. The lads that live in my closet, Mr Zay Tonday and Mr Hello Postman, however, did not. They're glad you posted this bargain alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

hopefully i'll get it this time
    tnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

TPD wrote: »
    Sadly I signed up for it a few months ago. The lads that live in my closet, Mr Zay Tonday and Mr Hello Postman, however, did not. They're glad you posted this bargain alert.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great offer :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Glass is nice to (although slightly smaller than a pint glass)

It is a can glass, 500ml, whereas a pint glass is 568ml.

Your can fills it perfectly to the top :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

Signed up last November and heard nothing - will try again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

just applied, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Poker kit is back again.
    http://www.guinness.com/ie_en/pokernights/

The poker set comprises: 100 poker chips, playing cards, 1 x Guinness tulip shaped glass, 1 x rules book and vouchers for 6 free cans of Guinness Draught (split 2 free cans per voucher x 3 vouchers. Each voucher can only be redeemed within certain dates)

Entrants cannot be members of any other GUINNESS® Relationship Marketing programme or Guinness Poker Nights (Oct 07 July 08), Rugby 6 Nations (Jan 08 Feb 08) or Guinness Summer BBQ Activity (May 08 present).

Try another address that your mate is at probably. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Great stuff :D

Ordered 5 to different variations of my address. Ordered one under my cat's name too!

Will have another one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Yay \o/ I was really impressed by the bbq set, hopefully this is just as cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Yay \o/ I was really impressed by the bbq set, hopefully this is just as cool.

Make sure to use another address as most likely you won't get it if you got the BBQ set.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Great, registered AGAIN ;)

+1 :D
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Will have another one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

I registered the last time and never got one so I'll have another go this time round!

Last time I got two of these sent to the same address, just under different names/emails. So far this tmie, I've 5 different emails signed up under 5 different names, with slight variations on my address. Hope I get some! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Make sure to use another address as most likely you won't get it if you got the BBQ set.

MC

Was wondering. Thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Have they finished this promotion. Im getting redirected to another page.

No you have to tell them how old you are first before getting access to site, working fine for me.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody else getting this error:
    We apologize but there were problems rendering the current page.

Please contact the system administrator.

Edit:

Direct encoded working link : https://www.guinness.com/ie_en/pokernights/secure/register.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Order 2, one under my name just to see if they check the names and addresses of past people who got their freebies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I registered last night ( maybe 2:30am), for myself and my brother, 2 different email addresses and different home addresses, at the end of registration it says I should get an email from them and to follow the instructions in it.

I never got an email back from them to either of the addresses?

Has anyone else not received their email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Registered for one in the wifes name, I'm sure she'll appreciate the comment at the end of the registration process! :D
    We hope you and the lads enjoy 3 great poker nights. May the best hand win!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

No you have to tell them how old you are first before getting access to site, working fine for me.

MC

Maybe they have excluded IP addresses of people that signed up before. I get redirected to the Guinness site
    When I login to a remote server with a different public IP I get the poker site no problem.

kc66 wrote: »
    Maybe they have excluded IP addresses of people that signed up before. I get redirected to the Guinness site
    When I login to a remote server with a different public IP I get the poker site no problem.

I had to try the link a few times before it connected me to the poker site, the other times I was just being directed to the home page. But my IP isn't static so they can't have been logging IP's from the other promo's not that I could see them doing that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Censored.
    kc66 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I signed up there for the first time bout 20mins, but didn't receive any confirmation e-mail. This common?

Yes. Can't remember ever getting a conformation email from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Ah right. Cheers.
    Great find anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    I signed up there for the first time bout 20mins, but didn't receive any confirmation e-mail. This common?

Me too!

After entering all my details and stuff I get sent to this page:

"THANK YOUThank you for registering for your FREE GUINNESS® Poker Nights Kit.

Please follow the instructions in the email you will receive from the GUINNESS® team in order to receive your free GUINNESS® Poker Nights Kit.

We hope you and the lads enjoy 3 great poker nights. May the best hand win!"

But I havent gotten the email yet...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Just read the terms and conditions and it seems they only have 3000 to give out. I'm guessing they've passed this threshold and are still taking peoples details but not sending out kits...grrrr:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Either have I.

Either have I.

nor I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Missed this the first time round. I've ordered 3 so hopefully I'll get at least 1.

No sign of any emails yet.

No sign of any emails either, but If I remember correctly, it took a day or two last time. They might be getting 3000 (?) peoples details first, then sending out all the emails at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sometimes an email doesnt arrive at all, the kit just arrives. i got no confirmation for the bbq sets yet i got a few of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Donkey Kong

I heard that the last time these were sent out that they look cheep and tacky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I heard that the last time these were sent out that they look cheep and tacky!

They're free....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Donkey Kong

They're free....

true - but cheep **** and free advertising for guiness is just not cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

I signed up on the webpage a few hours back & still haven't got a an e-mail from them...Does this take a while?

In relation to the Guinness BBQ set, alls I got was the voucher for 2 cans...

**Used slightly different info this time when signing up coz I don't think you can sign up for more than 1 promotion with Guiness**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I think the promos over by now no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement