Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pros and Cons of a Renault Estate - Opinions Sought

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

This is going to start a Renault bashing thread with loads of people saying they never had a problem and loads quoting top gear surveys etc.

Yes the electrics are an issue. I had a 05 Scenic and glad to be rid of it. Depreciation is terrible. What people are asking for and what they are getting is a huge gulf. I lost 8000 in 2 years on the Renault.

Buy Japanese or the Fords if you can stretch to it. Even a Renault at a cheap price is bad value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Had 2004 Megane Tourer for 2 years and really liked it. No problems and was good on petrol for 1.6 engine. Moved to 1.5 DCi Megane and even better engine and again no problems. Yes they don't hold their value like Toyotas etc but better value when it comes to buying one in the first place! It tends to balance out. Both cars look good, good luck with your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Posted this today in another thread!

I was in you shoes last year, this is what I bought from Motorpoint in the UK.

www.motorpoint.co.uk

You will need around 18K, but you will get a low mileage, nearly new car with a 2 year warranty remaining. It looks great and has a huge interior and boot. 6 speed gearbox means its very quite at speed. You will also get one of the best diesels on the market, very quick and very economical, I think it is a super car and despite the Renault bashing has proved more reliable than our previous Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

DON'T DON'T :eek: Got my wife a the Laguna. One of the best days of my life was seeing it disappearing after it had been sold.

If anything go for a Skoda estate

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Posted this today in another thread!

I was in you shoes last year, this is what I bought from Motorpoint in the UK.

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(vfymy...917&diesel=yes

You will need around 18K, but you will get a low mileage, nearly new car with a 2 year warranty remaining. It looks great and has a huge interior and boot. 6 speed gearbox means its very quite at speed. You will also get one of the best diesels on the market, very quick and very economical, I think it is a super car and despite the Renault bashing has proved more reliable than our previous Golf.

I'm getting a dead link there Steve.

I almost bought an 01 Laguna estate last week from the UK on ebay. Went for about £1650 in the end. Looked a really nice example.Get one with a service history (uk is probably best for this, looking at any make on carzone and FSH is by far the exception rather than the norm in this country) and that has had any recall done.

Might be a bit of a strech but according to hinestjohn the post 05 face lifted ones are a big improvement reliability wise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement