Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Needs teaching through distance learning

Options
  • 03-04-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi. I want to pursue a career in special needs teaching but I cant seem o find much info on the net about how to get into it. Do I have to be a post grad in order to get into it or would it help if I qualified as a S.N.A first? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

Hi I'm S.N.A in a special school, most of the teachers are either primary or secondary teachers or Montessori teachers and once they start in the school they do a week long course in special ed in Drumcondra, as far as I know there is also a part time course (1 year long) to get special ed degree (or masters, not sure) but you have to be a teacher to do this. You can have either a primary or secondary teaching qualification to work in special ed and there are only certain montessori qualifications recognised, not sure which one's though. Good luck, it's a great area to work in.

Advertisement