Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Deal?

• 03-04-2008 6:29pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Was offered a second chance bid on ebay, a Xpert Vision 8800gt 512mb with a zalman-esque cooler, 650/1650/1900 core/shader/memory for 125 euro

I was planning on getting something like a 9800gtx for 240 during the summer but this is excellent value and would give me an excuse to buy a 9900 or whatever in 6 months time :D

I wont be building the rig until June.... So buy this and leave it on the shelf for 2 months or just let it go! And buy something else in June?

Thanks....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Two of them in SLI would server you nicely until the 9900 comes along :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

meh! That would require an SLI mobo and a second 8800gt :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go for it,bargin !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

make sure it's a real 2nd chance offer. There were some very tricky scams going about last year that looked totally legit. Other than that go for it.

lol I just checked some 8800gt prices i thought they were still ~200 euro, it seems they are around 148 new now!

meh, i'll wait till June

/thread, delete plz :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ahh feck i paid 200e for mine a few months ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i paid 240 a few months ago.

also paid 135 for one from america.
    and when komplett had them for 145+ delivery i got 2 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They aren't that cheap generally, the Komplett one was a special offer...

I have seen them for 160-ish on Hardwareversand, but then you have to factor in the high postage cost even for the single item...

125 for the card with a Zalman cooler sounds excellent to me.

savemejebus scared me, the guy only has 3 feedback :p

I will be paying for shipping from HWV during the summer anyway so i'll wait till then, knowing my luck i would have the card bought for a day and there would be a price drop or a better bang for buck card :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

conzymaher wrote: »
    knowing my luck i would have the card bought for a day and there would be a price drop or a better bang for buck card :)

It's Bad for your brain to look at the price of things you've already bought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement