Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where now for Martin Cullen?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

As it says - now Berties gone will Cullen survive at the cabinet table? I for one hope he's finished - and I have heard it suggested that Cowen isn't a Cullen fan :)

That said, the realpolitik is up til now Cullen was probably kept primarily because of geographical considerations - there's no other FF TD from the Waterford/ SE constituencies :(

So is Cullen going to be culled from the cabinet - or will geographical political considerations once again save this gobsh!tes bacon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

ODS wrote: »
    As it says - now Berties gone will Cullen survive at the cabinet table? I for one hope he's finished - and I have heard it suggested that Cowen isn't a Cullen fan :)

That said, the realpolitik is up til now Cullen was probably kept primarily because of geographical considerations - there's no other FF TD from the Waterford/ SE constituencies :(

So is Cullen going to be culled from the cabinet - or will geographical political considerations once again save this gobsh!tes bacon?

You didn't hear ?
    Cullen for finance ;)
    It's about the only portfolio he hasn't had a chance to screw up.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

jmayo wrote: »
    You didn't hear ?
    Cullen for finance ;)

Its already screwed with the downturn in the economy. Now we need Martin Cullen as a safe pair of hands? NOT ! Its the poison chalice at the minute after the health portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

jmayo wrote: »
    You didn't hear ?
    Cullen for finance ;)

i think he will run for taoiseach then he can screw all the portfolios up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

jjbrien wrote: »
    i think he will run for taoiseach then he can screw all the portfolios up :D

Cullen for Taoiseach - Bring on the Revolution! :D

An amusing snap on the front of today's Irish Times; look at Cullens expression -
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/0403/index.html
    - he knows hes fooked. With any luck. Happy days :)

Good riddance Martin Cullen, you were a cnut to all but certain preferred constituents in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

there's no other FF TD from the Waterford/ SE constituencies :(

Brendan Kenneally - FF TD for Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

there's no other FF TD from the Waterford/SE constituencies :(
    Trotter wrote: »

he has 2 in wexford too (the sunny south east :D), John Browne and Sean Connick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

A long overdue relegation to the backbenches. They might give him party whip or make up a junior minister role like they did for Dick Roche and Trevor Sargent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hopefully he'll get the boot. He's had enough cock ups at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Sherifu wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll get the boot. He's had enough cock up at this stage.

This allegation was never proven:)

Couldnt resist the slight edit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ircoha wrote: »
    This allegation was never proven:)

Couldnt resist the slight edit
    Heh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

2 from Kilkenny - Bobby Alyward and John McGuinness who is already a Junior Minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

he can always be a mod on this forum:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

mick_irl wrote: »
    2 from Kilkenny - Bobby Alyward and John McGuinness who is already a Junior Minister.
    Trotter wrote:

:eek:

I stand corrected. So why then did bertie keep that gobsh!te cullen at the cabinet table for so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

:eek:

I stand corrected. So why then did bertie keep that gobsh!te cullen at the cabinet table for so long?

Cause he used to bring up a few floury blaas from Waterford for the cabinet meetings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaa

Advertisement