Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having problem with An Post

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jmcwobbles wrote: »
    Well looks like these issues in some Dublin areas are being caused by bloody industrial dispute: http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0414/post.html I live in the South Dublin area and have had loads of delays receiving post the last couple of weeks - but yet they keep quiet about it til it reaches disaster proportions - and are now telling people not to send stuff?? What's next, get everyone to use carrier pigeons?? It's a bloody joke is what it is

This is what screenclick sent an email about, its effecting there operation. I sent a dvd back to them nearly 2 weeks ago and they still don't have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deputy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    there was a time you could safely send cash in the post although it was never condoned by p&t or an post but i would suspect that some post especially if it looks like birthday cards or anything that might have a credit card inside is targeted.

Yes I've also had a new credit card sent from the bank go 'missing'.
    So that's twice in the space of a few months, I've had post go missing with items enclosed.
    I contacted An Post Customer Service last week - no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

anyone any news on this dispute as an post is still painfully slow in the D2 & 4 areas.

Bought a book on ebay, post mark said the 17th of april, delivered today (30th of april)

got something delivered pretty quickly today, however i am still waiting on 2 packages that were posted abouta month back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Lilibet

My daughter had applied for a government job requiring background checks so was not too worried that it was taking a little time to hear from them.She was shocked when they rang her to ask if she was accepting the job offered to her by post:eek:It turns out that they had sent her a letter a month beforehand and it had never arrived!Perhaps an post thought it was a summons,(having a harp on the envelope,)and was doing her a favour by not delivering it:)
    My experience with our postal service is bad in that(1) letters,especially cards don't turn up,(2)letters have been opened and contents emptied,and then delivered with a clear plastic an post cover apologising for the damage done to our letter,:eek:(3)complaints to customer service are a waste of time and energy.
    Its a shame that we cannot trust the only postal service the ordinary joe soap has in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

It took over a 1.5 weeks to get a letter from Wexford to dublin!!! I was astounded.

Also, and I realise that this sounds a little crazy, but we are convinced in our house that our postman climbed in the window to deliver a parcel. A parcel was left on a table in the middle of the room - but none of us left it there. In fact the only person in the house was in the shower when the postman came (the frontroom window was left open at the time). When we rang up to see who signed for it, we were given the girls name that it was addressed to. However she is a teacher and was in class at the time so he had obviously forged her signature :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Missing more training manuals sent regular post from the UK on 21st of April. Replacements (sent 10 days later) have arrived.

We can't all afford to use couriers the whole sodding time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Lilibet wrote: »
    My experience with our postal service is bad in that(1) letters,especially cards don't turn up,(2)letters have been opened and contents emptied,and then delivered with a clear plastic an post cover apologising for the damage done to our letter,:eek:(3)complaints to customer service are a waste of time and energy.
    Its a shame that we cannot trust the only postal service the ordinary joe soap has in this country.

sounds suspiciously like something criminal is going on and of course an post can not comment on anything!
    Dinkie wrote: »
    Also, and I realise that this sounds a little crazy, but we are convinced in our house that our postman climbed in the window to deliver a parcel. A parcel was left on a table in the middle of the room - but none of us left it there. In fact the only person in the house was in the shower when the postman came (the frontroom window was left open at the time). When we rang up to see who signed for it, we were given the girls name that it was addressed to. However she is a teacher and was in class at the time so he had obviously forged her signature :confused::confused:

postmen often go to great lengths to deliver parcels etc when they are familiar with the residents at an address! they know more about us than anyone else!

Received a package today that has been posted on the 7th of April. It had been delivered to St Vincents hospital despite the address being clearly marked on the package (another address on Merrion Road)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Post was hit and miss a while back for us here ,but everything is fine now.
    We get about 10-15 items of mail everyday though.

I won't be ordering anything from honk kong for a while now ,god help the poor people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 centrino

Im in the same situation, sometimes letters are painfully slow to get here. I live in Dublin 15 area. In the last year a graphics card bought from ebay never arrived, I had a change of address on my Drivers licence and never arrived - had to get more photos taken and apply for a new one. And now recently I sent away for photographs to snapfish.ie and were posted on the 23rd of June and have'nt arrived yet. Can you complain about this situation anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I sometimes think my postman only works twice a week.

I just got an email off ebay saying an item they shipped from the states has arrived back to them, but i got no notification that i missed a parcel, i am here everyday.

Have a new postman last 2 weeks, prob holiday cover, and hes here at 8am everyday, its great, the other guy generally came at 12.

I started this thread and must say that the postal service has improved since.

However over the last few weeks it has slowed again (not to the extent when i started but it has). 4-5 days for a letter to get to Dublin from wexford. Joke

Advertisement