Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achievement Tips.

Options
  • 03-04-2008 8:39pm

Was just thinking that it may be handy to have a thread that we can give each other tip on how to get achievements (sorry if this already exists!).

Anyway I'm looking for tips for getting the "Steppin Razor" and "Overkill" achievements. Anyone have any ideas on this?

BTW, I realise that I'm contradicting what I said on an earlier thread about giving up on these, but I WANT that katana!

OK, to get the ball rolling, I got the "Two for One" achievement on "High Ground". Spawned near the active camo, grabbed it, then got the laser. Focused on the open area outside near the rocket launcher, and waited till the Ghost was attacking someone. Then let the laser rip to get both of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Get some friends together and everyont set their Language in the Main Xbox Dashboard options screen to the most Obscure Language there.

Then Do Matchmaking, Chances are youll all end up in the same match, so ye will be able todo proper achievement matches.
    Problem is youll get the odd f**ker who isnt in on the plan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Korvanica wrote: »
    Then Do Matchmaking, Chances are youll all end up in the same match, so ye will be able todo proper achievement matches.
    Not much of an achievement though, is it?
    Anyway I'm looking for tips for getting the "Steppin Razor" and "Overkill" achievements. Anyone have any ideas on this?
    Obviously you're more likely to get the Steppin R in a Swords game - but thats probably the best gametype for an Overkill too. Crazy King on The Pit is also a good game type for an Overkill - just don't concern yourself with winning and stake out the areas from above with rockets and stickies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Anyone have a link to a complete list of the achievements?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

achievement list here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Dades wrote: »
    Not much of an achievement though, is it?

Did i say that doing matchmakin was an achievement?

"youll be able to do peoper achievement matches" - that means that ye will be able to work together to get the achievements, For example. Someone get sword and others let him kill them, easy. (if you've all ended in the same game.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any tips for "too close to the sun"?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Korvanica wrote: »
    Did i say that doing matchmakin was an achievement?
    I thought it was pretty obvious what I was getting at, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

silvine wrote: »

Taken from Halopedia: An easy spot to complete this achievement is near the start of The Covenant, after the first batch of Brutes and Grunts. Banshees occupy the airspace there, and Master Chief spawns with a Spartan Laser. You can easily shoot down a Banshee in the area that the Pelican drops a Mongoose.

That's how I did on my bro's profile. As for doing it online, not sure what ranked playlist you'd have to play to have banshees in it.:confused:

silvine wrote: »

As far as I remember, I got this on the single player campaign, as described in previous posts. Like the skulls, just a matter of doing it until you get it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Dades wrote: »
    Obviously you're more likely to get the Steppin R in a Swords game - but thats probably the best gametype for an Overkill too. Crazy King on The Pit is also a good game type for an Overkill - just don't concern yourself with winning and stake out the areas from above with rockets and stickies!

I think hanging around the turret areas with sniper is your best best.Go for a perfection here too.I know its not an acheivment but its still pretty cool. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 yoji101

I got these two and Frenzy on the same map. Crazy King on the Pit.

Steppin Razor = I spawned close to the invisibility, got that and went for the sword. Then hung around the hill area slashing away.

Overkill and Frenzy got on the same game = Crazy King on the Pit. Went on a turret at the beginning and took out people trying to take the hill. Got a Overkill and then hung around the outskirts of the hill killing with stickies and BR.

The Two for One with the Spartan Laser was the hardest for me. Eventually after keeping my eye open for opportunities I had the Spartan on Snowbound and got the ghost with a guy in it while it was being boarded by another player.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yoji101

I used this video to get the "We're in for some chop" achievement.

http://www.videofiend.com/Halo-3---Were-in-for-some-chop-achievement-9984220.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

yoji101 wrote: »
    The Two for One with the Spartan Laser was the hardest for me. Eventually after keeping my eye open for opportunities I had the Spartan on Snowbound and got the ghost with a guy in it while it was being boarded by another player.

I got this by complete accident and didn't just get a double but i pulled off a triple kill with it. It was on construct.I was just after coming up the purple lift charging while i was going up and then i turned across and fired across to the other lift room randomly and to my delight there was 3 people there ready to feel my wrath!!

I bounced around like a child after getting it!!! :p :pac:

Advertisement