Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

engine warning light bmw 218 2001

Options
  • 03-04-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a bmw 318 2001 and the engine warning light has come on, when the car is idle the revs keep dipping as if its going to cut out, the oil light comes on every so often...although i have just put oil in it...

anybody got any ideas as to what the problem could be, i'm sending it in to be looked at but I'm just trying to get an idea.....

cheers.....:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Could be bad oil pressure, or maybe the lambda sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Sounds like a sensor gone wrong to me. Though isn't that what the malfunction/engine diagnostic/emissions light is for:confused:?

EDIT: danjo's post below has reminded me of the fact that MAFs often go on BMWs. It's probably that.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I had a similar problem and it was caused by the airflow meter sticking.

Advertisement