Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 3meg Broadband - terrible ping!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

jrsc wrote: »
    i will try different router over weekend - although i really doubt its router's fault-it seems to work flawless. (and was all-ok when connected via eircom)

If you connect to a different BASBOX then i doubt its BT network issue either. I would check your PC and make sure you dont have any spyware or anything and try run a second tracert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jrsc

nope, i have two totally clean and cherished platforms - vista x64 and xp laptop. spyware/trojan/virus is out of question.
    tracert and ping give exactly the same result on both systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

nope, i have two totally clean and cherished platforms - vista x64 and xp laptop. spyware/trojan/virus is out of question.
    tracert and ping give exactly the same result on both systems

Like said before my friend in work was having no problems. The result does point to a issue with BT, but you would expect see more reports on boards.

Did you call them today or report the problems? I'd ring them tomorrow and and see what they say.

i did call them / and i got relpy for my email that i sent to them yesterday -
    they said it could be an issiue with BAS08....esat - in that case i should turn off my router and try other BAS. they also suggest its my router that is faulty. i will rule that out during the weekend and then pursuit the faulty BAS :) or BASes - in which case it could be the internal wiring's fault.

fingers crossed

tested with different modem/router - same results.
    so its internal wiring problem or problem on BAS servers.
    im calling tomorrow to cease that line, end of story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

tested with different modem/router - same results.
    so its internal wiring problem or problem on BAS servers.
    im calling tomorrow to cease that line, end of story.

Dont think its a BAS problem.. have you tried with a different bas? You only need to restart the connection!

If its not that and its your wiring then I am afraid it wont matter who you go with...

yep, they are pretty much the same(BAS servers). still over 300ms.
    is it because of constant congestion on the exchange? what about contention ratio 24:1 , that shouldnt be so bad.

if there is some fault in the phone line between me and the exchange, how do i test it/how do i report it?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Well if your on the East Point exchange, there is definately something wrong with it
    It's being over used and needs to be updated

matter of days/months/lightyears?

Advertisement