Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-Employees to Sue Eircom

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Listening to the news tonight it seems the employees Deafness claims against Eircom are to go ahead. This is what Spongebob predicted some 2 years ago before Babcock and Brown took over.
    Looks like 7 employees are going to court as the test case but be sure that if they win there will be a flood of further claims coming through. Wonder what the cost of this will be???

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Anyone else think its strange that its the current incarnation of Eircom that is being sued when it was a state owned and run company back then? Surely the government should be who is getting sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

When a Company is sold, it's normal for the new owner to be responsible for any future liabilities. Anyone purchasing is supposed to do "due diligence" to evaluate risks of possible future income & liabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

I have to own up here. The loud noise that they heard from coin operated machines was the sole of my shoe repeatedly connecting with the side of the coinbox.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

clohamon wrote: »
    I have to own up here. The loud noise that they heard from coin operated machines was the sole of my shoe repeatedly connecting with the side of the coinbox.
    Hehe :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

some 5000 of these aurally imparied persons exist !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You know, I feel it hard to blame Eircom for this.

This seems like opportunist suing..bit like idiots that trip over cracks on the pavement and blaming the corpo because they didn't watch where they were going.

These people got jobs and were happy to have them at the time, if they felt the sound was too loud they could have quit...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Mr Burns

If these cases suceed, the floodgates will open. Anyone that has ever worked in a call centre could claim off the back of the Biddys claim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Mr Burns wrote: »
    If these cases suceed, the floodgates will open. Anyone that has ever worked in a call centre could claim off the back of the Biddys claim.

Not quite, Biddys claim is on the basis of damage caused to her by pre 1990 technology . Call Centres with adequate digital noise filtering only appeared in Ireland after that time...meaning they always had proper gear in them.

Biddy was 'afflicted ' in the period between 1960 and 1990 according to her claim and that of the other 4900 Biddies who are lined up gnashing behind the first few Biddies.

I can just imagine Biddy in court, unctous Brief asks Biddy to address the judge at all times , Biddy glowers down at unctous brief and famously says in the dulcet P&T tone we all remember !

"How can I help you caller ?"

unctous brief quakes at recovered memory of happy times on the phone to Biddy .

Advertisement