Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get yer orders in?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Right, we're moving on with things a bit now, I think it's time to make definite plans. I'd like to firm orders for what you guys are looking for, and we can take it from there.

I guess the options are: (prices are ex VAT)
    Short Sleeve 1/4 zip (€26.65)
    Short Sleeve full zip (€29.45)
    Long Sleeve 1/4 zip (€32.15)
    Long Sleeve full zip (€34.95)
    Bib Shorts (€35.55)

There's also a share of the €235 design cost to be added on. I think the fairest way is to divide it by the total number of garments ordered, and add it to each item.

From what I can tell, there's a minimum order of 10 on any item, so we need to bear that in mind.

As for design, I think we're leaning towards a variant on Tom's design so far, but we can change that if need be. For the shorts, I was thinking plain black, with 'boards.ie' on one leg, and the o-face on the other, in the bluey-green, or whatever contrast colour we are going for on the jersey -simple, but good looking in my view

As for me, I'm in for a Short Sleeve 1/4 zip and a pair of Bib Shorts

What about you guys?

Sizes are below in attached doc

What are you wanting to order 54 votes

Short Sleeve 1/4 zip
    0%
    Short Sleeve full zip
    38%
    GavinDirkVoodooBambaatapeterk19Bluefoamcunnins4kenmcbamloc123dub_skavtheboytaylormkdon05RtDHungrycolTinyExplosionsunionmanniceonetomtrek climberBicyclegadaboutScall4life 21 votes
    Long Sleeve 1/4 zip
    14%
    SupercellE@gle.Chips LovellblorgRaamdaymobrewcrashoveroidcodrulz 8 votes
    long Sleeve full zip
    7%
    c0rk3rmikemackincsemfranglan 4 votes
    Bib Shorts
    7%
    SupercellbaPride Fightercodrulz 4 votes
    even more (arm warmers, socks etc)
    31%
    SupercellE@gle.BambaatablorgRaamkenmckincsemmkdon05crashoveroidHungrycolTinyExplosionsunionmanniceonetomtrek climberScall4lifeVélocodrulz 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Short Sleeve full zip
    I went short sleeve quarter zip. When will you have more info on sizes?

EDIT: Meant so say great job btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Short Sleeve full zip
    Cost of bib shorts and jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

is there any interest in a 3/4 zip jersey at all? or is that not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    is there any interest in a 3/4 zip jersey at all? or is that not an option?

Unfortunately it's not an option, which sucks, cos they're my favourite as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Short Sleeve full zip
    looks good ill deffo take 1 depending on final design might take 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Short Sleeve full zip
    Cost of bib shorts and jersey?

Em, I'm sure those prices weren't there before I posted that....were they? Anyway, I'm voting now.

Em, I'm sure those prices weren't there before I posted that....were they? Anyway, I'm voting now.

No, I added the prices and sizing info -sorry mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

hey guys. ive just read snippets here an there on this. is this open to all? or where might i read a bit more on it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

Short Sleeve full zip
    Good work Tiny, and the various design team. Went for the short sleeve quarter zip myself. Currently don't own a proper cycle jersey and figure if I'm doing the W200 I'll need one so figure might as well get one with some relevance and I like the way the designs seem to be coming along, will still prob go for it if they're not quite in time for the event.

Quick question, when they say there has to be ten of each item does that mean ten short sleeved 1/4 zip size medium or ten of any size of that item for example?

Bambaata wrote: »
    hey guys. ive just read snippets here an there on this. is this open to all? or where might i read a bit more on it? thanks

It's open to anyone who has cash :)

Original idea is on this thread

And continued here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'll put my name down for a jersey possibly shorts but it really does depend on the design. The was one design on a previous thread that looked too much like the Bianchi celest colours, which I won't be ordering if that's the final colour choice. It's just a personal dislike of the colour that's all, Bianchi bikes are top notch in my book.

Like you're idea on design on the shorts TonyExplosions.

/me voted 1/4 s/s top, shorts, both size M I reckon, but will use the ould tape measure this evening. Do you know if the l/s top is winter weight or just the same as the s/s? i.e. is it a jacket, or just a l/s top?

short 1/4 and bib for me please. how logn are we going to allow voting for and then to choose the design?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

short 1/4 and bib for me please.

^what he said.

as regards designs, i reckon we need a 'closing date for entries' and then a poll like this one to pick a winner. then rock on with the order. entries by monday maybe?

and lads if you have any ideas, how about you mock them up on the template (cheers for that TinyExplosions - tis ace)? a picture paints a thousand etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

short sleeve 1/4 zip (xl) and bib shorts (xl) for me!

Still carrying xmas weight!, hope i fit into the xl:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

short 1/4 and bib for me please.

Yes, I just voted, count me on for these items too. I see we've passed the minimum required order on each.

Ok, I've just thrown together a spreadsheet of prices per item, based on the current figures. Only counting things of which more than 10 have been ordered (currently only 17 1/4 ss tops and 11 bibs), and depending on if VAT (21%?) is charged on the design cost or not.
    Edit: Shipping is "about 1 euro per garment" according to the website, so this is included in the equations also:
    The current per-garment division of the design cost and shipping is 9.39.
    So prices then are: (after vat, including the divided design cost)

Short Sleeve 1/4 zip €43.61 or €41.64 (no vat on design)
    Bib Shorts €54.38 or €52.41 (no vat on design)

I will try to keep this updated as I see more orders coming through.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Think Admin would contribute to the cost of design given that we'll be free advertising when out and about?

Speaking of which... on the shorts, how about boards.ie on one leg and adverts.ie on the other?

(BTW, how does boards.ie make their revenue? I never see many ads on their site)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Long Sleeve 1/4 zip
    Any reason why more people aren't going for the full zip option? Only a few quid more than the 1/4 zip and does everything that does and more?

Personally I don't fancy having the little metal joiner thing in my pressing into my waistband for hours at a time. Never had a full zip though, so I'm just thinking it might be uncomfortable. Thats why I was asking about the 3/4 zip option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Short Sleeve full zip
    Just threw my name down for a 1/4 zip ss. Reckon I'll have to go for an XXL to my shame

Quick question, how do you plan to take payment and will people be collecting off you somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭franglan

long Sleeve full zip
    1/4 long sleve for me please,

Having a problem opening the sizing chart, but i'm 6.1 and have a weist of 34 if that helps,

kenmc wrote: »
    /me voted 1/4 s/s top, shorts, both size M I reckon, but will use the ould tape measure this evening. Do you know if the l/s top is winter weight or just the same as the s/s? i.e. is it a jacket, or just a l/s top?

As far as I know it's the same as the jersey, there are jackets available separately as well though, so if folk want them, even at a later time, it's possible to get them.

@niconetom: I think a closing date is a good idea. Maybe use the thread entitled 'Final Jersey Thread - honest', as it contains all the templates as stuff. I'll edit it to add a closing date of say Friday, and we can vote over the weekend?

@el_tonto: I'm not keen on full zips for the reasons Ken said, but am happy to be swayed by an argument for them by someone who's worn them :)

@hungrycol: Will mail admin, and ask about some funding, but I'm not expecting much, but it's worth a shot I guess.

@dub_skav: I'm probably the same size as you, so no shame there!

As for payment... I'll have to collect it in advance of ye before I put the order in (simply cos I can't cover it meself -credit card not too happy with me, and will be less so when I order my new bike!)
    When they arrive, I'm happy to let people collect them from my place, meet people in town, or on a saturday spin to give them their gear, or if I'm feeling generous, will drop them out to you if you're around town. If you're not in Dublin, I'd be glad to post them out and let you know the cost of that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Long Sleeve 1/4 zip
    I've a few full zips alright and always try to go for them if there's a choice. They're great for the summer when you can open them up the full way on the really hot days. Never had a problem with the zip end, never felt it at all in fact.

I was just thinking there, i have a small bookkeeping company, If people wanted, i could contribute to the design cost and put a logo on the jersey. Just a thought.

mkdon05 wrote: »
    I was just thinking there, i have a small bookkeeping company, If people wanted, i could contribute to the design cost and put a logo on the jersey. Just a thought.

I've no problem with that at all, anyone else?

I think any sponsorship would be great. Make it look like a proper jersey ;-)

the only issue with adding sponsorship logos is depending on the number of colours used int the jersey the price goes up - so 3 colors and white is 'free', otherwise it's +50 euro per colour or something

Well here is the logo, i could give €135. Its not much but as i say its a very small business. Sure see what people think. If it doesn't suit, no problemo.

• Advertisement

UPDATE
    The lovely boards admins have got back to me, and have said that they'll cover the design fee for the gear to the tune of 300 quid!

Hurrah, even cheaper gear for us :)

Advertisement