Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T 90 i

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have one of these showers but I notice lately that it doesn't get as hot as it did before. Any ideas why this might be happening and what is the remedy. Tks n adv for info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The link wrote: »
    I have one of these showers but I notice lately that it doesn't get as hot as it did before. Any ideas why this might be happening and what is the remedy. Tks n adv for info.

Are you running Hard Water into it - ie..do you have a water softner in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The link

No ,the water comes direct from tank in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

hi
    the problem is that when the temperature drops out side you,ll need to move the dial up or the thermostat is on its way out
    we are on our third triton in ten years and you may well ask why we keep getting something thats so crap .well the first was "ah it just had its day " bought a second and got the tiling done at the same time that lasted two years with the same problem and because we would have to retile we got the third one which is going the same way
    ive talked to plumbers who have told me that the triton t90i is not for a family taking say five plus showers a day and they wear out pretty fast
    i reckon judgeing from my experience that they have a life span of about three years
    our shower is on number ten on the dial at the moment and i reckon is going the way the other two went .
    theres a few sites out there that talk about them ,one site i found was "screwfix.com " and link to the forum with a search for triton t90i .
    so imo its on its way out and in the end will need replacing
    not a very good shower :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 c class 226

We have had triton t90 for 13 years. Replaced the pump on it a couple of years ago, otherwise no problems. Position of temperature dial often depends on the outside air temperature - in warm weather the water in the attic tank heats up like a pre heater.

OP, but do you live in a hard water area and do you have a water softener?

• Advertisement

Water softener not used in the house .
    The dial at he moment is at 10 and water is hardly warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

The link wrote: »
    Water softener not used in the house .
    The dial at he moment is at 10 and water is hardly warm.

3rd time the same question has been asked!:

Do you live in an area with hard (limey) water?

What does the inside of your kettle look like?

If you live in a hard water area and have no water softener, limescale will build up on the heating element of the shower the same as it does in a kettle. The heat from the element will not be able to heat the water through the limescale. In my folks house, showers lasted on average about 2 years due to the hardness of the water. Fitted a water softener and the current one is about 4 years in operation at this stage.

The water is not hard and the inside of my four year old kettle is clear..no limescale build up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

I have the opposite problem - the water recently is boiling hot even turned down to the minimum. Only way to get the water cooler is to turn the smaller dial to the setting which as one red bar as opposed to two but this makes the water too cold.I've changed the head setting which makes it slightly cooler but not by much. From reading earlier, it's probably the water tank in the attic being too warm from the heat outside but is there anything I can do to avoid having to choose between a boiling hot or freezing cold shower. :(

Call Barretts plumbing supplies in Maynooth - they are the irish service agent for triton..........warranty may cover it, if not, get a price on a call out and repair.
    its worth a call as its a thing you use everyday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chipclub

It is my experience that the Triton T90si is not the most reliable and is particularly poor in hard water areas. Unfortunately you could hammer nails with our water so it may be that any make of shower would struggle.

Out of interest, have a look at the technical forum on www.theshowerdoctor.co.uk. Note the number of topics for Triton showers far exceeds any other make. These are all problem reports and no doubt Triton's is high because they are a very popular shower but it is not a good advert for the brand.

Good point Chipclub,

Tho I've had 5 or 6 tritons in house's i've owned and none went wrong. Still, thats just me.
    I've head Aqualisa is the best make and best for a shoowering experience too?
    Anyone in the know here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Try replacing the element or at least get an electrician to check out the element in it for you. In my experience these cause the most problems along to a lesser degree the thermostats. But if it is the element you will be looking at anywhere in between 80 - 120 to replace the element excluding fitting cost if needs be. You're local hardware can advise you from there where to proceed.

Advertisement